ITELITE Antenna Owners Thread: 4 MILES WITH P3P (page 31)

Here a video of today's flight. I checked distance when I lost fpv and also verified with google earth. Nothing exciting (unless you want to see the Astrodome and Reliant stadium from 5 miles away) but just wanted to show the wide open space. I'm at 350' altitude.

Here a video of today's flight. I checked distance when I lost fpv and also verified with google earth. Nothing exciting (unless you want to see the Astrodome and Reliant stadium from 5 miles away) but just wanted to show the wide open space. I'm at 350' altitude.

In the description below the video it says "advertised range 8000ft" ... itelite did not advertise... or make any such claim. That was my video showing the range I got using their antenna... just so ya know.

Also.. your particular range distance points towards some sort of problem with Wi-Fi strength or install problem.
With dozens and dozens of users reporting over a mile out there, this would obviously have to be some sort of hardware damage or module power output problem or user install error that will have to be sorted out.

Not trying to point fingers or place blame but the evidence here in the thread would suggest It's highly unlikely that the antenna is the problem. More testing can eliminate variables.

Last edited:
I took mine out for another test and I got out about 3500 or so feet and lost video too. I never lost connection with the phantom.. I panicked when I was prompted "phantom connection broken" and the "coming home" was never prompted after about 20 seconds.... I pulled it back and regained video feed.... This transmitter has 200 or so flights,about 8 months old... I want to test again thinking I didn't have it pointed the right way after losing sight of it..

I have to test it again.. If heat is the culprit then lets drill some vent holes...

Went out to test two brand new identical Controllers today after hearing so much about the ITELITE antenna so I thought I would get one to test out .. The other controller a Stage 2 antenna from FPVLR.. The same altitude and test parameters did show a difference in the distance and aiming .
The ITELITE antenna has a very narrow signal and if you fly a pattern past you and not follow the drone in close flying it keeps loosing signal .. And in the first testing session it got... 1.0 mile best with utility booster on 100mw .. Now the stage 2 from FPVLR got out to 1.4 miles with the same booster setting and was a lot wider signal and is not so crucial to follow the drone when your in close flying .. A 40% farther distance and easier aiming with the Stage 2 kit .

See More

Attachments

• 10365884_868240289909891_8560045877032732276_n.jpg
    10365884_868240289909891_8560045877032732276_n.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 341
  • 11168099_868240266576560_3412043557618372692_n.jpg
    11168099_868240266576560_3412043557618372692_n.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 398
  • 11128711_868240313243222_7172451448065958659_n.jpg
    11128711_868240313243222_7172451448065958659_n.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 329
Reactions: FPVLR
Did another run again this afternoon.

I upped the FPV video to high again.
I was getting 1400 meters, loosing control at this distance but as I said last time the direction of antenna is critical.

Still much better than what i was getting without the itelite antenna.

Still can't beat my 5200' after trying different locations. Plan to take it to the beach one of these weekends and do some unobstructed coastal flying. Pretty sure I'll get 8k+ over the ocean.

In the description below the video it says "advertised range 8000ft" ... itelite did not advertise... or make any such claim. That was my video showing the range I got using their antenna... just so ya know.

Also.. your particular range distance points towards some sort of problem with Wi-Fi strength or install problem.
With dozens and dozens of users reporting over a mile out there, this would obviously have to be some sort of hardware damage or module power output problem or user install error that will have to be sorted out.

Not trying to point fingers or place blame but the evidence here in the thread would suggest It's highly unlikely that the antenna is the problem. More testing can eliminate variables.
DBS... I understand your comment and will change the description. I'm simply trying to figure out what is causing me not to get the ranges that so many others are getting. I've not 2 new U.fl cables coming tomorrow to check that first before dropping the funds for a new wifi extender. Like you said, eliminate the variables! I like goatman's idea of creating some vent holes! It definitely couldn't hurt (unless one drilled carelessly without ensuring they weren't clearing EVERYTHING inside). OPEN UP, remove parts....drill! More updates. I'll keep updating NOT to complain but just in case someone else has similar issues so that when my bird takes to longer flights, they will know the things to check for.

Can we split up troubleshooting and review posts into 2 topics? It's getting pretty hectic already... Reminds of rcgroups

Hey Tony this is the ITELITE thread. You guys shouldn't be whoring it up !! You have your own play thread :)

THanks for the review.
TOny.

A review always compares costs:
  • Aiming
  • Distance
  • Cost <--- missing from the... review
The Cost is double for the aforementioned Aiming and Distance differences ??

Various antenna solutions have major price point differences.
Some folks can afford to spend more. Some folks can't.

Looking at Paul's flight environment which was similar to the Allapatah flats makes me wonder the big discrepancy of my first flight with the ITELITE and his flight. I have to say that further testing on these antennas will show ITELITE's true potential. But no doubt, Tony's FPVLR antenna's are good but it caters to a specific niche who doesn't mind having a separate bag or case for the controller. I took the option to try ITELITE's panel because if its portability that I can carry it on my GPC case or my Fearless backpack. Also, looking at price point, ITELITE's panels is a good price for a flyer starting out in LR BVR flight. Each customer will has a choice of what they would like for their LR antennas. I hope someday, I'll have an opportunity to try his Antenna's since I myself is on a "skunkworks" build and currently trying my old IBC Crazy (Alex Greve) Antennae.

Last edited:
I don't know how you get the flight time for this. I did 800m then 1,000 on same battery but not sure i could do that distance and come home with the batteries.
Both new (less than 10 cycles each)

3.5km is a walk in the park. I've done many 4/5/6km ground station flights with ease. My longest is a little over 8kms and still had better than 25% battery left (although I don't think I'd want to push it much beyond this).

Really hoping my antenna might be here tomorrow... but the fun stuff never comes on a Friday so you can play on the weekend :(

A review always compares costs:
  • Aiming
  • Distance
  • Cost <--- missing from the... review
The Cost is double for the aforementioned Aiming and Distance differences ??

Various antenna solutions have major price point differences.
Some folks can afford to spend more. Some folks can't.

There are also other "unbiased" reviews out there... "unbiased" meaning... "Not from the guy who runs the FPVLRCustoms Facebook page and sells Tony's products"

Thanks for all the PM's guys... and no I'm not going to go there... it's a free internet and they can post where they want ... non of my business...

We are the DBS Phantom Swarm and we kill it with MPD (miles per dollar)
We have posts of 7500, 7700ft, 8100ft, 8900ft, 11300ft and have only been on the streets for a couple weeks now... we play fair... stay out of other people's threads... and don't start no trouble.

Nuff sed :mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: FirePro911
DBS - fair point... I am only interested in a practical effective solution. Don't care who makes it.. Until now nobody had made a custom panel antenna solution. This custom panel rocks. It offers more gain - simple. Anybody else can say what they want but hook it up correctly and you will be able fly miles.

3.5km is a walk in the park. I've done many 4/5/6km ground station flights with ease. My longest is a little over 8kms and still had better than 25% battery left (although I don't think I'd want to push it much beyond this).

Really hoping my antenna might be here tomorrow... but the fun stuff never comes on a Friday so you can play on the weekend :(

Waiting for my still:-(
Can not track the package to Sweden, so I hope it shows up soon.

Waiting for my still:-(
Can not track the package to Sweden, so I hope it shows up soon.

Mine arrived a week after posting from the USA to the UK. I also ordered from Poland and that arrived 2 days later

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl