ITELITE Antenna Owners Thread: 4 MILES WITH P3P (page 31)

I found a package from Big Chuck/itelite in my mailbox when I came home, hopefully I'll manage to find enough time today for installation and a testflight! Jonnybgood, there's a good chance that you will find something in your mailbox today as well I think.

Reactions: jonnybgood
Unfortunately, not today: - /
So the package was anyways so small that it went in through the mail slot?

God luck and iam waiting for results :)

Well took my it out again this afternoon.
I was struggling when I took it out a week ago at high res FPV in getting only about 600m.
I dropped the resolution to 640 at 15fps and I goto just over 1,000 Meters.
I was getting consistent FPV but I was loosing the control signal at this distance, I think as the antenna direction is very critical and a small amount off and its gone. Having said that at 1000 meters I cannot see drone or hear it so probably not try to push it any more than that at this time.

So I took to the skies with the antenna and FPV Booster.... and I got to 3,470 m (11,382 ft)!! Ultimate Flight logged the flight so I can post the video with telemetry.

So I took to the skies with the antenna and FPV Booster.... and I got to 3,470 m (11,382 ft)!! Ultimate Flight logged the flight so I can post the video with telemetry.
Holy smokes, that's the record if you really did that

I mounted the antenna directly to the WIFI case IMG_0112.JPG IMG_0117.JPG It's a tight fit!! that's what she said

too bad it doesn't fit into the pelican case or maybe I have to think about it for a few days.. In the meantime a Home Depot .... 6 dollar plastic tool box works fine tooIMG_0118.JPG

I don't know how you get the flight time for this. I did 800m then 1,000 on same battery but not sure i could do that distance and come home with the batteries.
Both new (less than 10 cycles each)

Absolutely Insane!!!
THAT JUST OBLITERATES THE PREVIOUS LONGEST DISTANCE FLOWN WITH THIS ANTENNA!!!

Please tell me you're gonna get that video up somewhere where we can check it out...

Awesome work sir... I tip my cap to you... I can't seem to get past 10,000 with my setup... but then again I haven't tried for some time now... (watch your back... I'm comin for ya) :mad:

Unfortunately, not today: - /
So the package was anyways so small that it went in through the mail slot?

God luck and iam waiting for results :)
Maybe tomorrow then! Yes it's small enough to fit inside a regular mailbox, not sure about a slot though. Measurments: 30x10x5 give or take a few cm..

I mounted the antenna directly to the WIFI caseView attachment 17637 View attachment 17638 It's a tight fit!! that's what she said

too bad it doesn't fit into the pelican case or maybe I have to think about it for a few days.. In the meantime a Home Depot .... 6 dollar plastic tool box works fine tooView attachment 17640

Very creative Goat!!

Keeps it in tighter and closer for a more compact and permanent solution... super stealth looking... Great Work!!

Reactions: goatman
Absolutely Insane!!!
THAT JUST OBLITERATES THE PREVIOUS LONGEST DISTANCE FLOWN WITH THIS ANTENNA!!!

Please tell me you're gonna get that video up somewhere where we can check it out...

Awesome work sir... I tip my cap to you... I can't seem to get past 10,000 with my setup... but then again I haven't tried for some time now... (watch your back... I'm comin for ya) :mad:
RTH kicked in a couple of times at around 8,200 ft but I kept trying and was really surprised to hit the 3 km mark and still see it going. Eventually I lost the 2.4 GHz connection and decided to stop there and bring it back.

The video is currently rendering in YouTube.

Very creative Goat!!

Keeps it in tighter and closer for a more compact and permanent solution... super stealth looking... Great Work!!

Thank You Sir.

Just to throw this out there:When I took to the skies this morning,I lost video around 3600 feet,I was prompted "phantom connection broken" so I waited about 15 seconds and the "coming home" never was prompted.. I lost video before I lost connection.

What an Adrenalin RUSH as I brought it back I did regain video.. so an antenna mod on the bird wont "shake hands" with this new antenna? do I understand this correctly?

I mounted the antenna directly to the WIFI caseView attachment 17637 View attachment 17638 It's a tight fit!! that's what she said

too bad it doesn't fit into the pelican case or maybe I have to think about it for a few days.. In the meantime a Home Depot .... 6 dollar plastic tool box works fine tooView attachment 17640
Great work!
I've done the same, and mine fits nice on my backpack.
Way sturdier this way.
I'm waiting on some shorter cables to tidy it up.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-22 at 19.59.59 .jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-04-22 at 19.59.59 .jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 460
Great work!
I've done the same, and mine fits nice on my backpack.
Way sturdier this way.
I'm waiting on some shorter cables to tidy it up.

Great Minds Think Alike! LOL

I see you chose the outer screws I had to use the center screws.. I tried with the screws on the left side ,but it clashed with one of the connectors.

Great Minds Think Alike! LOL

I see you chose the outer screws I had to use the center screws.. I tried with the screws on the left side ,but it clashed with one of the connectors.
Yap, its a tight fit, I had to turn the bolt a little more to fit right there. This way the antenna board is centered with the Tx, and if ocupies the same space sideways on the backpack

Update: got a good test flight today however, because of the high winds, I stopped at 2500'. This was farther than I've gone before and still had full wifi signal. I had 0 drop out and a little more latency but am hopeful that my issue may have been solved. I'll report back after a few more test flights.
Took to the sky again today. Same location as yesterday but with only 7mph wind.... got out to 3600 before losing FPV. Tried carefully aiming the panel at the bird but did not pick up fpv again until I brought it back to 2500'. Suggestions DBS??

Thanks

Took to the sky again today. Same location as yesterday but with only 7mph wind.... got out to 3600 before losing FPV. Tried carefully aiming the panel at the bird but did not pick up fpv again until I brought it back to 2500'. Suggestions DBS??

Thanks

Really sounds like you've got a weak Wi-Fi signal... happened to me last year .... turned out to be my Wi-Fi module was just hammered from the heat problems... switched it out and got back all my range.

I had another friend I flew with and was able to bind to his bird for one day to test my ground setup on a different P2V+... that confirmed my problem.

Really sounds like you've got a weak Wi-Fi signal... happened to me last year .... turned out to be my Wi-Fi module was just hammered from the heat problems... switched it out and got back all my range.

I had another friend I flew with and was able to bind to his bird for one day to test my ground setup on a different P2V+... that confirmed my problem.
DBS, I've been wondering about that. I may pick one up and if that's not the issue then I'll contact itelite. At least I'll have a back up wifi module.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl