ITELITE Antenna Owners Thread: 4 MILES WITH P3P (page 31)

Video of 7700 feet

That's impressive.

Reactions: dirkclod
Cool ! Did ya just turn around or did it go into RTH ?

Control was becoming intermittent - therefore turned around. I have no problems with RTH but yesterday K index was 5 (red) so I decided to rely less on GPS getting the aircraft home

Thanks, most of my flying has been doing long runs and I have no problems with RTH or using HL to bring it back . Do you go out in ATTI as I do or in GPS ' I seem to do better that way and usually go till I have used about 40 to 45% of my battery depending on wind before I turn around .
I am looking forward to this next build with this set up and am really impressed with what I have seen so far !!

Stage 2 has been flown by several pilots to 10K feet and has a record of 12K ft using the fpv booster app.
Here is just a random review by one guy
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/fpvlr-stage-4-troubles.38487/page-3#post-355803

True Dat Tony... Mohan's review should not be taken as "Max range ever achieved" by either setup... he was just posting his own experience.

He is also running external dipoles on his bird that better match the polarity of the DBS Phantom antenna... Tony also has external solutions for his beautiful works of art that complete the circular polarized 360° pattern very nicely indeed.

The installation video didn't specify which pigtail goes to which connector on the range extender PCB. Does it matter? If it does matter can someone please enlighten me.

The installation video didn't specify which pigtail goes to which connector on the range extender PCB. Does it matter? If it does matter can someone please enlighten me.

Doesn't matter... they include two different lengths so you can keep the cables neat without having them right on top of eachother... you can test fit and see which one gives the best reach without bending too much based on where you drilled your holes for the SMA connectors.

I have been using Tony's but am switching over to this one on this new build and have my Extender with one coming out of the top and one on the bottom . Will the cables that come with this one have any problem with the extra length or will I need to get different ones DBS ?
Edit / Scratch that as I just reread what ya told Brent there :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Doesn't matter... they include two different lengths so you can keep the cables neat without having them right on top of eachother... you can test fit and see which one gives the best reach without bending too much based on where you drilled your holes for the SMA connectors.
Awesome. I did take advantage of the different lengths. Can't wait to put it to use.

Stage 2 has been flown by several pilots to 10K feet and has a record of 12K ft using the fpv booster app.
Here is just a random review by one guy
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/fpvlr-stage-4-troubles.38487/page-3#post-355803

What is the beam width of the 5.8Ghz Helix sold on your stage 2 kit?

HelixGain.jpg

20141125_192451_resized[1].jpg

Last edited:
Video of 7700 feet

Finally got to sit and watch this a minute ago Mohan... Great flight bro!:cool:

Not what I expected at all with the location... lots of trees and homes in the area... and you STILL only climbed to 350ft alt... when I'm out that far I'm already up over 600ft.

Last edited:
I'm assuming that the 2 Wi-Fi antennas on Port 2 and 3 are identical? As such, the cables on Port 2 and 3 could be flipped without issue?

Chuck, results are looking awesome. Such a clean and professional install and some really impressive numbers right out of the gate.

Thanks, most of my flying has been doing long runs and I have no problems with RTH or using HL to bring it back . Do you go out in ATTI as I do or in GPS ' I seem to do better that way and usually go till I have used about 40 to 45% of my battery depending on wind before I turn around .
I am looking forward to this next build with this set up and am really impressed with what I have seen so far !!

I find ATTI gets you faster but on long runs you have to be mindful that the wind will slowly drift you off the straight line. It takes quite a lot of effort to look at the screen in the glare of the screen while keeping an eye on battery percentage, wifi signal strength, Height, distance and periodically switching to find my vision no where your bird in case it lands for some reason... So having in GPS is one less task to worry as it keeps the heading pretty accurate in my experience. Going to install the flytrex live 3g module.

Very nice! Love the gauges you are using... So wish I I could get Dashware to work on my PC :(

Well I got the idea from other forum members .. I ended up learning a lot about dashware by trying to work out how to do the bar that moves along with distance

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94