Itelite antenna but no JOY..What am I doing wrong...

Reaction score
I put on a new Itelite antenna and double checked the connections. But when I fly I only get 2000 feet at the most. Now the video seems to drop off but the control does not. When the video goes out the phantom does not return home due to loss of connection.

I can make her fly further but of course I can not see where it is going so I have to bring her back? I have also tried the booster app but still no improvement.

So any thoughts?

Thanks

G

In my thoughts if your connections to the panel are tight and you are aiming it good then one of the cables in your Extender has came off .
As far as it not going into RTH when you lose FPV then I would check those connecters in your extender as the 5.8 sounds good .
JMO

The it elite antenna is actually two antennas. One for the RC and the other is the video feed. Sounds as thought the RC is staying connected as you still had control and it didn't lose transmitter connection and do the RTH. Your issue is with the two connections going to the wifi extender. Double check those. May require reOpening the extender to check the SMA connections on the board where they plug in.

The it elite antenna is actually two antennas. One for the RC and the other is the video feed. Sounds as thought the RC is staying connected as you still had control and it didn't lose transmitter connection and do the RTH. Your issue is with the two connections going to the wifi extender. Double check those. May require reOpening the extender to check the SMA connections on the board where they plug in.
Yes thanks. I took the extender apart and confirmed everything is tight. Anything else I should try?

Contact ilelite and let them know what you are getting and what you have checked. They may have idea that we don't know about. If all is connected and all connections are tight and the antenna is pointed upward to quad and their are no obstructions you should be getting a good video feed along with the control.

How odd, mine goes 4+ km without problem. Before I get less than 1.5 km.

Contact ilelite and let them know what you are getting and what you have checked. They may have idea that we don't know about. If all is connected and all connections are tight and the antenna is pointed upward to quad and their are no obstructions you should be getting a good video feed along with the control.
Good Idea I think I will send them a note.

I put on a new Itelite antenna and double checked the connections. But when I fly I only get 2000 feet at the most. Now the video seems to drop off but the control does not. When the video goes out the phantom does not return home due to loss of connection.

I can make her fly further but of course I can not see where it is going so I have to bring her back? I have also tried the booster app but still no improvement.

So any thoughts?

Thanks

G
i have the same problem

So any thoughts?

Thanks

G
did you ever get your issue resolved? did itelite help you out because they have only responded to me once and was not helpful. its frustrating that others got 9k to 11k feet with this set up but I'm lucky to get 2800 feet.

When I had that problem I traced it to a loose connection to the 5.8 transmitter in the controller

No luck yet on any front. I have not reached out to itelite yet but will. I can't see how the wifi can be bad or it would not go to 1200 feet right?

I've got 6500 feet one time, changed the battery and went a different direction and only got about 1800. I think that the astronomical numbers are under perfect conditions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart