Is this safe to fly ?

Reaction score
IMG_8256.jpg

IMG_1526924363.981780.jpg

Also my p4 has several stress fissures , although never crashed

Pic (A) - Heck no I wouldn't
Pic (B) it's iffy.

Remember your battery is a single and TOTAL failure point. If it goes the aircraft stops flying and starts heading towards Terra Firma uncontrollably. I'd replace (A) yesterday and battery (B) today. That's my 2 cents.

Remember your battery is a single and TOTAL failure point. If it goes the aircraft stops flying and starts heading towards Terra Firma uncontrollably. I'd replace (A) yesterday and battery (B) today. That's my 2 cents.

I can't add much to what BigAl said other than, the same problem that you've experienced with "B" is starting to show up in posts on this site, all from apparently uncrashed Phantoms as well. Interesting.

I will discard the first one for sure, my question now , is it cost effective to change the p4 shell that has stress cracks everywhere , or just retire the drone and buy a magic pro

I heard that those batteries has very strong spring under the weak plastic packaging , and it exerts stress force on the batteries all the times , even if the batteries just setting on the shelf , repetitive use of the batteries may contribute too since those batteries are around 350 flights each , I use them since I bought the bird that about 3 years ago ,I was one of the first who preordered p4.

While I have flown with a damaged battery I have never flown with anything that damaged. If the lithium inside the battery has moved it could cause a fire and Your drone could catch fire or fall out of sky. Charging that battery could also be a hazard. And how did you do that?

I heard that those batteries has very strong spring under the weak plastic packaging , and it exerts stress force on the batteries all the times , even if the batteries just setting on the shelf , repetitive use of the batteries may contribute too since those batteries are around 350 flights each , I use them since I bought the bird that about 3 years ago ,I was one of the first who preordered p4.

Reactions: volace
Wow! That are a lot of changes. How many cycles on them? How much flight time do you get?

I have 5 batteries. 1 of the 4 is beginning to look like image B. I've flown many times and have not had hard landings. Is the normal for this type of battery? Could it have been caused by storage conditions?

Incorrect. It is not falling toward terra firma and it is also not 32 feet/sec/sec. The earth is flat. Actually terra firma is ascending up to the drone at a rate of 9.8 m/s^2. Naturally you were flying faster and as a result the earth is slow to catch up but once the drone has reached a state of non motion the earth will crash into it at it's full velocity.

I have purchased several batteries, two of which had the same defect. I return them immediately. I would not risk flying was such a battery.

Pop the cover of the end and see why it did that. There's you tube videos that show you how. Try pushing the button a little softer also.

I would chuck the first battery and glue the second, and like Beerock said push softer, just enough force to clear the clips in the battery compartment, when you press hard you bottom out the springs with force in the cover and the rest you know.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z