Is this battery OK?

Reaction score
So I've been flying my new P4P Pro + for about a month and starting to feel the restriction of having just one battery.
I bought a brand new genuine (as far as I can tell) DJI one off eBay, sealed in original DJI packaging and not really that cheap. It looks and feels in every way identical to the one supplied with the aircraft except:

The original is a very snug fit and take a hard push to seat it. When in place is does not move at all and gives me a very secure feeling.

My new one, while I wouldn't call it loose, is not as tight a fit, is easier to push into place, and when you grasp it you can move it very slightly in the body of the ac.

Interested in your thoughts. Whilst I'm 99% sure it could never come out or disconnect during flight, it is different and I don't feel quite so secure flying with it.

Could be I'm being a bit paranoid after reading battery loss dramas?

Photos of the new pack might compliment your description to assist people in responding. If you decide to post pics include the printing.

Good point WtB

P1010007.JPG P1010008.JPG

Considering that there are multiple threads on drone failure due to battery loss, I would never fly a drone with a battery that felt like it was not secure

Could be I'm being a bit paranoid after reading battery loss dramas?
Some P4 batteries have a tiny bit of play after inserted into the Phantom. It's important to make sure both the top AND bottom of the battery are snapped into the battery compartment. Add that step to your pre-flight checklist and you'll be good to go.

Those both appear to be genuine batteries.
I have 3 for my P4P+ Obsidian and 2 of them are very snug, 3rd one not so tight. All definitely came from DJI directly.
Like msinger said, just be sure the retainers click into place.

i also have a p4p+ and i have one battery that is slightly loose also. i was looking at them one day and "she who must be obeyed " walked by and asked what i was looking at. i told her about the batteries and she said " the bottoms of the two batteries are different" i looked and sure enough one was flat ( the original dji battery) and the other was beveled from the center out to each side. i wonder if this is what is causing the loose condition?.

I have three Spark batteries. Two which came with the Fly-more package and one bought in a store at a later time. While the two first ones fit “normally”, the last one bought in a retail store was a really hard fit. At first I thought it wouldn’t go on, but after snuggling a bit with it it’s now good but still tighter than the other two. I cannot see any differences between them whatsoever. Since all three batteries are originals I guess I can confirm that there probably are micro differences even between original DJI batteries.

Interesting, both those packs identify the same manufacturer so they should be very close, even with a mould change in production. I wouldn’t have been surprised to see different makers (there are at least three entities that make completed batteries for DJI- official suppliers).

Reactions: Jim Canada

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka