Is the latest P3P FW v 1.3.20 a VLC Media File (.bin)?

TCW

Reaction score
From the DJI downloads support, that's what I'm getting. Then I extract it to the SD card and follow the DL instructions VERBATIM..on my 3rd attempt, first 2 failed. Well, as I write this the 3rd attempt has failed. Should the .bin file be a VLC media file as it is? TIA for advice. Tim

This is what the txt file reads each time:

Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Upgrading ...

From the DJI downloads support, that's what I'm getting. Then I extract it to the SD card and follow the DL instructions VERBATIM..on my 3rd attempt, first 2 failed. Well, as I write this the 3rd attempt has failed. Should the .bin file be a VLC media file as it is? TIA for advice. Tim
VLC is the video file format that is set at default on your computer -- VLC is one of the best free video players and when folks download it to their computer, it will become the default player and place that icon next to the file unless you block that option.
This is the upgrade file name P3X_FW_V01.03.0020 it is a .bin file and is the file that you place on the SD card for upgrading the firmware.
This is probably what it looks like in your computer directory.

P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.jpg

Delete the old file and re-download it. DJI failed miserably with not doing any form of checks to ensure a file is 100% correct before a flash. Its could easily be corrupted.

Thanks all, I finally got it to load. I formatted the card original to fat32, no good, then formatted it to exfat and reloaded the file, aircraft finally took it.

Has anyone updated and experienced a battery error?? My battery will not power on or off not LED light bars but when plugged into the drone it powers on immediately and can't be powered off...on the mobile app it show battery at 0% charge and says it needs to be upgraded...any ideas???

Has anyone updated and experienced a battery error?? My battery will not power on or off not LED light bars but when plugged into the drone it powers on immediately and can't be powered off...on the mobile app it show battery at 0% charge and says it needs to be upgraded...any ideas???

Just was able to update the FW v 1.3.20, battery functions normally

check my other answer in your other post.. you have to upgrade each battery with the FW bin file.

For those curious, .bin files used to be the file format standard for ripped DVD's (accompanied by a .cue file, which were the chapters) back in the day. The general public has probably never encountered a .bin file prior to owning a P3 so their computer has not associated the extension w/ anything. VLC then becomes the default program associated w/ the file, which is why it shows up in your file browser w/ a VLC icon next to it.

Reactions: bobmyers
For those curious, .bin files used to be the file format standard for ripped DVD's (accompanied by a .cue file, which were the chapters) back in the day. The general public has probably never encountered a .bin file prior to owning a P3 so their computer has not associated the extension w/ anything. VLC then becomes the default program associated w/ the file, which is why it shows up in your file browser w/ a VLC icon next to it.

Nice explanation..I was having some trouble getting the bird to take the FW upgrade and thought the VLC attachment was odd, like it was trying to make the file a video!? Anyway, since resolved and all up to date.. Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl