Is The DBS ITELITE For The P3S Worth It?

Reaction score
I want to get more range from my phantom 3 standard, today I flew it out about 3000 feet and lost signal. I just want to get more range, but the DBS is going to set me back $110. Is it worth it to get the DBS or should I consider the ARGtek mod?

I have the DBS on right now and it's not bad, however, I have 3x Alfa panels on the way that I'm going to do a back to back and see which I like better. I set the transmitter up so that I can effortlessly swap back n forth.

main-web_large.jpg

Reactions: Weewee
I would love it if you could tell me how they compared and what not. Could you send a picture of your transmitter with the ALFA panels on once you installed them please?

I was getting good range with the Standard's unmodified controller (about 3000-3500feet) and after I did the DBS mod I have gotten >10,000 feet with good signal. That is about as far as I wanted to push it lol.

Reactions: Matts175
I posted a similar thread / question a few weeks back the answer i got mostly was yes....

My personal opinion after doing the mod and testing it only this weekend yes..

Now i was a little naughty in the fact i never tested or even wanted to test the maximum range with my stock antenna dji states 0.5 mile maximum and thats only in usa and other countrys that allow full power remotes, the uk doesn't,

So i did the mod had to wait almost 2 weeks to test because uk's weather is crap lol, but anyways 1st test weekend just gon and i hit 6144 feet ( 1.136 miles )

so yeah for £100 or $100 whatever yes deffo worth it..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Alright guys. I'm going to the park in a minute to try to break (hopefully shatter) my 1 mile record. I'll post back.

Alright guys. I'm going to the park in a minute to try to break (hopefully shatter) my 1 mile record. I'll post back.

with the dbs?

Good luck dude, we know its doable, just please dont beat my record by too much lol

With the DBS.... The Alfas are in the mail.

I feel that if I had better aim, I could have gone more. It was hard to concentrate. Some drunk guy was in my right ear asking me 2,000 questions and then repeating those questions over. Then even worse, doubting my answers.Grrrrr.

Capture.PNG

wow, thats 1.7 miles :)

I think aim makes a lot difference at these distances

I don't question DBS gives reasonably consistent results of range ....

Contrary to reports of some who have poor results from the Argtec - I regularly get 2000m with my Argtec and Icarus 27db mod.

I am waiting a couple of leads to fit my 2.4 and 5.8Ghz boosters .... then I expect to get WOW !! range !!

Cost of the Argtec and boosters etc. incl LiFe battery should come out about same as the DBS unit.

Nigel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan