Is it meaningful to sell out P3 pro and buy in P4?

Reaction score
Hi! I have bought one Phantom 3 professional in last October. I am wondering if I shall sell out my P3P and buy in a new P4. I like the new features ''Active Obstacle Avoidance'' and ''Auto Follow'' in P4. However I am not sure if these two features are practically useful and value more money or not? Would you recommend me to sell P3 and get in P4?
Thanks for your advice.

I would wait for price to drop and it will plus let new bird get the bugs out that's what I'm doing

Reactions: huber
It depends on your unique needs/uses and the loss of resale value on the P3.

Will the loss you take(.50 on the dollar)on the P3 be acceptable for the advantages you want that the P4 provides?

huber, check out this thread for a thorough overview of the new Phantom 4 features. Then, decide if it's worth it to you.

Reactions: Reed L
Hi! I have bought one Phantom 3 professional in last October. I am wondering if I shall sell out my P3P and buy in a new P4. I like the new features ''Active Obstacle Avoidance'' and ''Auto Follow'' in P4. However I am not sure if these two features are practically useful and value more money or not? Would you recommend me to sell P3 and get in P4?
Thanks for your advice.

I am in the same boat... I purchased the p3 advanced around Christmas... I Just sold it on Ebay to purchase the p4...
And the aforementioned claim of .50 on the dollar was not accurate... I bought my p3a for 689 and sold it for 660..

I am in the same boat... I purchased the p3 advanced around Christmas... I Just sold it on Ebay to purchase the p4...
And the aforementioned claim of .50 on the dollar was not accurate... I bought my p3a for 689 and sold it for 660..
The OP was referencing a P3P.
The p3p is currently 799 usd from a previous retail of 1249 usd.
Not many going to give more than .50/usd towards a used bird when they can buy new for 799 usd delivered to their door and warranteed.

The OP was referencing a P3P.
The p3p is currently 799 usd from a previous retail of 1249 usd.
Not many going to give more than .50/usd towards a used bird when they can buy new for 799 usd delivered to their door and warranteed.

He said he bought his in October.. I purchased a P3P in October from Jet.com for $999 ... I have not yet seen them sell for $499... That would be .50 on the dollar..

Personally, I would keep the P3. Nobody knows it like you, so it's worth more to you than to anybody else. But you can still get the P4 if you wish. If it ever goes down, you can search for it with the P3. MHO

He said he bought his in October.. I purchased a P3P in October from Jet.com for $999 ... I have not yet seen them sell for $499... That would be .50 on the dollar..
Read slower. He is selling a used bird. The new ones are 799. Not many, maybe you might, but not many will give .50 cents on the dollar for a October 1245 price. 1245/2=622.50.

Why pay 622.50 when you can get a brand new one with warranty for 799 all in and free shipping.

I wouldn't give you 500 when I can get a new one for 799.

You were lucky then, congrats.

I bought the P3P in last October at price 1200. Now it has dropped a lot :(. Anyway, I am keen to hear your opinions on whether the new feature ''Active Obstacle Avoidance'' and ''Auto Follow'' in P4 would values something that I shall trade out my P3P?

I am keen to hear your opinions on whether the new feature ''Active Obstacle Avoidance'' and ''Auto Follow'' in P4 would values something that I shall trade out my P3P?
While these new features are really cool, very few people will actually need to use them once they take the time to become more familiar with how their Phantom works and what needs to be done to fly safely.

The "auto follow" feature is just a fun way to impress a friend for most people, but many will find they don't actually need to use it. The "active obstacle avoidance" will probably turn out to be most handy when avoiding obstacles as the Phantom returns home. Again though, most people will not need that feature since they should be setting the properly RTH altitude prior to takeoff.

For those reasons, I would not recommend buying the Phantom 4 for just for the new flight modes and obstacle avoidance. However, there are many other features/changes that do make it a great buy (especially for people who don't own a Phantom now).

It depends on your unique needs/uses and the loss of resale value on the P3.

Will the loss you take(.50 on the dollar)on the P3 be acceptable for the advantages you want that the P4 provides?
While these new features are really cool, very few people will actually need to use them once they take the time to become more familiar with how their Phantom works and what needs to be done to fly safely.

The "auto follow" feature is just a fun way to impress a friend for most people, but many will find they don't actually need to use it. The "active obstacle avoidance" will probably turn out to be most handy when avoiding obstacles as the Phantom returns home. Again though, most people will not need that feature since they should be setting the properly RTH altitude prior to takeoff.

For those reasons, I would not recommend buying the Phantom 4 for just for the new flight modes and obstacle avoidance. However, there are many other features/changes that do make it a great buy (especially for people who don't own a Phantom now).
Got your points. Thanks!

I would only like it for the sport mode seen videos that thing gets up and goes

Read slower. He is selling a used bird. The new ones are 799. Not many, maybe you might, but not many will give .50 cents on the dollar for a October 1245 price. 1245/2=622.50.

Why pay 622.50 when you can get a brand new one with warranty for 799 all in and free shipping.

I wouldn't give you 500 when I can get a new one for 799.

I have never seen a P3P for $799, more like $899. Where do you shop?

Regards, Jim

seller on ebay had p3p for $799 until they sold out

there you go next he will have standard again for $399

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl