Is anyone using a RTMP server to stream?

Reaction score
The title says it all really. Is anyone using a RTMP server to stream video? And if yes is the latency less than when using YouTube ?

Thanks

Is RTMP streaming free??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well no. You'll need a data plan with your service provider to get the best video feed from your tablet and onto the internet. But setting up an rtmp server is free. You'll need a raspberry pi or old laptop with linux. I haven't had time to set up the server. But in essence you'll be able to stream from the phantom to a server and distribute from there to wherever you want. I don't want to use youtube or Facebook. Hence the rtmp server. Uses might be the fire dept using a uav to stream live data back to a command centre or multiple locations simultaneously

Isnt there some free servers where you can register and have account for streaming ?

I don't know. I need to know my streams are secure, hence why need to set up my own server

What is so secret when streaming from the air ? :)

I just need max quality and that only people with my link can watch it, thats it.

If I told you that it wouldn't be secret! What's so secret that you don't want people knowing your email or Facebook passwords? It's not what's secret to me, is client privacy, property privacy ..... Just my professional diligence. Knowing my interconnected systems inside out, having control and knowing there isn't a system admin somewhere in the loop dropping the ball. Nothing sinister.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl