iPhone App Does Not Work on Vision+/Camera Won't Connect

Reaction score
Hello all,
Out of the box the camera on my Vision + will not connect with iPhone. Spent two days trying then 2 1/2 hours on hold with DJI...the gentleman tried to help, but said this is a known issue with the app that was just released. He said there is no known fix until an update is available via the App Store. My brand new quadcopter is useless without a working camera. I've tried DJI's suggestions (which they said have not been known to fix the problem) and then upgraded my iPhone.The old app worked fine but they said they don't even have it in LA. Android users have same problem. I'm about to ship it back although it is only two days old...and swear off DJI products. (I do not expect things to be perfect but a flying camera out to have a camera that works!) Any suggestions?

Tried:
•Reinstalling app
•Switch off iPhone radio
•Closing all unused apps
•Rebooting phone
•Swithing off Wifi, etc.
•Every known suggestion from DJI and that I can think of an an experienced iPhone user

I did, the app crashes/freezes, loses contact in the same way. Indeed, the issue seems to be with the app itself. I am willing to try anything.

CGPhoto said:
I did, the app crashes/freezes, loses contact in the same way. Indeed, the issue seems to be with the app itself. I am willing to try anything.
have you already check all cable at P2V+?

The only other thing I can think of trying is to put you're iPhone into airplane mode then just turn the wifi on. I had trouble with my cellular galaxy tab2 trying to use the mobile data connection instead of the phantoms wifi connection until I turned the mobile data off.

Don't know where to look for this...but the problem is with the app, the new version. The Phantom is right out of the box. I called DJI a second time...they can't get the app to work in house, and know of no solution on the iPhone or Android side.The Phantom is useless for its intended purpose.

CGPhoto said:
Don't know where to look for this...but the problem is with the app, the new version. The Phantom is right out of the box. I called DJI a second time...they can't get the app to work in house, and know of no solution on the iPhone or Android side.The Phantom is useless for its intended purpose.

I am having the same problem with my P V2 not +

Can you control your pan tilt thru the app and make it record and shoot video? I can I just cant see the video thru my phone. On my way to the Bahamas for a once a year fishing trip had planned on taking the Phantom so bummed!

I have upgraded every piece of hardware that I could everything is up to date. Still no dice. I even found an old version of the app and installed it and it still didn't work so I am concerned its something else and I'm gonna wait for this update and still be screwed. I have been searching all over the internet and it seems DJI rushes it products to the market to quickly based on the last few phantoms.

i can control your pan tilt thru the app and make it record and shoot video? I can I just cant see the video thru my phone. any help

The loss of video on the P2V+ is a defective wifi module. There are several forum comments saying the heat dissipation is not enough and the module overheats and breaks down components... poor design on DJI's part. The price to replace the module is ridiculous! If you can find someone selling a P2V+ for parts hopefully cheaper than a new module. There is a video on adding additional heat sync grease and ventilating the module case. I will be be moving away from DJI products I can't stand their poor service.

Good News And Bad News,
The good news is It's not your phantom that is not letting you connect, it's the app that has been causing this and I have talked to DJI and they plan to fix it, hopefully right this time.
The bad news is that the app won't be fixed for another 6 weeks

Hi everyone just follow the steps.

1) Delete the app from iphone.
2) Go to Users/<Username>/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Mobile Applications location on Mac and C:\Users\<Username>\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Mobile Applications location on Windows; find the "DJI VISION 1.0.60.ipa" and delete it.
3) Download the "DJI VISION 1.0.56.ipa" from DJI VISION 1.0.56.ipa.zip and move "DJI VISION 1.0.56.ipa" to the same folder.
4) Open itunes, go to my apps. Find DJI VISION app, right click and click show in finder. It is not going to find and ask you to locate; press locate.
5) Choose "DJI VISION 1.0.56.ipa" from Users/<Username>/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Mobile Applications
6) Connect your iphone, sync and download the app again.

Safe flights.

Does the 1.00.60 work now? I contacted DJI telling them that the new version of the app had ruined the camera preview for people that have used it and they replied saying that the new version cancels out the upgrading of the range extender and now it should work fine but I don't know if I should trust them

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl