Iphone 5

Reaction score
Has anyone used the iphone 5 with AJI Go a p3 Pro, if so how does it perform, are there any glitches?

It wasn't until mid to late October that the GO app could be downloaded on an IP5 at all. Before then, there would be the "device incompatible" error message and the download would cease. Now GO can be downloaded to older devices, but IMHO it wont give the best experience.

It wasn't until mid to late October that the GO app could be downloaded on an IP5 at all. Before then, there would be the "device incompatible" error message and the download would cease. Now GO can be downloaded to older devices, but IMHO it wont give the best experience.
Thanks OSO, I will try it and let you know, however I won't be rushing out to buy another device just yet.

When I bought my p3a in July I used my iPhone 5s with no issues apart from small screen then upgraded to a mini2 which is great, not sure what Oso means about October as mine worked fine way before that?

I have a P3A and use an iPhone 5s with no problems. (Other than screen envy)

When I bought my p3a in July I used my iPhone 5s with no issues apart from small screen then upgraded to a mini2 which is great, not sure what Oso means about October as mine worked fine way before that?
You have a 5s which was always compatible. @Newly asked about a 5 which is a completely different model than yours.

Last edited:
I've also used my iPhone 5 since July with no issues. I use it with the follow me feature.
I also use an iPad mini 2 when follow me is not needed.

I've also used my iPhone 5 since July with no issues. I use it with the follow me feature.
I also use an iPad mini 2 when follow me is not needed.
Let's make this easy so we don't add confusion with so many new pilots coming soon.

Any Apple device with a processor older than A7 (iphone 5 and older / iPad 4 and older) was not compatible with the app and could not even download to those devices unless they were jail broken. If anyone tried, they would usually get a "device not compatible" error. [Note that iPad 4 is not the same as iPad Mini 4]

Here is the list of compatible devices from DJI which shows that 5s and later is all that was compatible. Note that IP5 and earlier is not listed.
20151027 GO app info DJI.JPG

Once GO 2.4.0 was released on October 23, suddenly devices older than the A7 processor generation were able to download the app without getting the "device not compatible" error. I actually noted as much in a thread at the time just to let people know.

Like I said before, even though GO can now be downloaded to older devices, IMHO it wont give the best experience. That doesn't mean it wont work, just not well in comparison to more capable devices.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl