ipad on P3P transmitter

Reaction score
This may be a really dumb question but, if I use my iPad Air2 on the P3P controller, do I set the wifi to airplane mode while using or does it even matter. My understanding was that the tablet would be using the LightBridge (cable between controller and tablet) to interface and not wifi. Is this correct?

Sorry for my ignorance but new to this.

My understanding was that the tablet would be using the LightBridge (cable between controller and tablet) to interface and not wifi. Is this correct?
That's correct.

Some people enable airplane mode to free up resources on the mobile device. Others use it on phones to prevent calls/messages from interrupting their flight.

Msinger throw up that link on how to optimize apple products,,that was a great help to me,,and a lot of people don't know,,I can never copy a link right,,lol

You may want wifi/data for an accurate map. You can cache map data though by navigating where in the field you'll be while at a location with Wi-Fi.

Msinger throw up that link on how to optimize apple products,,that was a great help to me,,and a lot of people don't know,,I can never copy a link right,,lol

I clicked on the "Phantom Help" in his post and there was a section "Mobile Device Fixes". Was that the one you were referring to?

I use a mini-iPad 4th generation with my Phantom 3P and I have been more than happy with both. I discovered that the adjustable monitor holder just barely catches my iPad, so I utilized strips of Velcro tape with an adhesive side onto the monitor holder
bracket, my fold up sunshade and two stripes on my iPad. Once I set everything up before I launch, I never have to worry about my controller setup to fall apart.

Reactions: wolf~928
That's the one,that's the way I fly with my iPad Air,,works great ,thanks msinger,

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl