iPad needs GPS - but why?

Wow I have the same question. I was hoping that I could turn on my hotspot and leave my ipad sync to it while flying. Since my ipad knows my location when it's in wifi. ( maps app). Is there a problem on trying this???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We will be able to stream directly to YouTube, which requires an internet connection. I don't see why keep yourself tethered would be a problem. Maybe whatever problems they where having with the P2, have been solved in the P3.

We will be able to stream directly to YouTube, which requires an internet connection. I don't see why keep yourself tethered would be a problem. Maybe whatever problems they where having with the P2, have been solved in the P3.
That's a good point, YouTube streaming direct would require the internet connection, from the cell tower via the tablet or from the cell tower via wifi hot spot shouldn't make any difference. I tested the Pilot app on my iPad2 connected to my iPhone 6+ via hotspot and map loading and gps location on the app worked just fine.
OK, I found the issue, seems hot spot ONLY works via Bluetooth connection when you are not in range of wifi, I did turn off wifi on both the iPad and iPhone and switched to BT and it seemed to work fine on cell.

Last edited:
Why would you need to shut down the hot spot prior to flying, no difference than having a cell enabled connection, the app or controller shouldn't be affected by the wifi connection between the phone and tablet.... unless I am missing something?
Because its not good when you have a small cell tower directly on top of your remote controller, this is never good and its nit recommended by dji

Because its not good when you have a small cell tower directly on top of your remote controller, this is never good and its nit recommended by dji
Seems to me if the hot spot interfered with the signal (doubtful) the controller would just switch frequencies. I flew out to 9,000' today with my hot spot on and noticed no issues. Normally I don't have it on mainly for battery saving but today I forgot to turn it off.

Seems to me if the hot spot interfered with the signal (doubtful) the controller would just switch frequencies. I flew out to 9,000' today with my hot spot on and noticed no issues. Normally I don't have it on mainly for battery saving but today I forgot to turn it off.
the problem is the super close distance, i alwas switch to airplane mode and reboot the ipad with clear memory and no open Apps. The HD decoding needs alot of CPU power, i switch the GPU support with my air 2

the problem is the super close distance, i alwas switch to airplane mode and reboot the ipad with clear memory and no open Apps. The HD decoding needs alot of CPU power, i switch the GPU support with my air 2
I do turn off all background apps, no BT and have not noticed any lag on the iPad yet. I normally turn off wifi after making the local maps are loaded but forgot and it didn't seem to affect performance.
I see you are in Darmstadt, I lived in Mannheim for several years, had some work in Darmstadt-Aberbach.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl