IOS or Android tablet

Reaction score
I know that there have been other threads regarding this but nothing recent and with P4.

Was just wondering if I should go for an iPad or Android table - if the latter what are people find good?

Thanks

A

Last edited:
I'm not an Apple fan.... Here's a video review showing the Verizon Ellipsis 10" tablet side by side with the Nvidia Shield K1. I like the size of both and after using both, it's a toss up for me. The Shield is nice because of it's smaller size and weight but the Ellipsis is nice because you use the tablet mount fully extended and it gives you the largest screen that will fit in the stock DJI tablet mount and it needs to be slid into the mount with a credit card size piece of plastic. I end up taking both because the Ellipsis has data. The Shield was $200 and the Ellipsis was $100 and you get more than what you pay for with both.

I'm a new Phantom 4 owner and I tried to do a lot of research on tablets while waiting for it to arrive. I became obsessed about getting the best tablet to the point of watching YouTube video comparisons at 11pm with the wife pissed. What I came to realize the hard way "as usual ahah" there is no best but only what's best for you and what your more comfortable with. I wanted a smaller size that didn't break the bank and I'm more comfortable with androids, so I use the nvidia shield and I'm very happy with it. I'm quite sure the iPad mini or iPad Air will work great for others as well just depends on what your looking for. Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm an Android guy, but went with the Ipad air 2 for the zoom capability that is only supported on IOS and the fact that Verizon had them on sale for $279!

For me the zoom is need as I'm looking a houses with them. Also the bigger screen is really nice when you're evaluating or looking for something through a picture.

I know that there have been other threads regarding this but nothing recent and with P4.

Was just wondering if I should go for an iPad or Android table - if the latter what are people find good?

Thanks

A
I wouldn't buy the Nvidia Shield K1...The compass doesn't work...Unless you don't care about aiming the antennas at the drone and you fly in a straight line when flying any distance...

I'm an Android guy, but went with the Ipad air 2 for the zoom capability that is only supported on IOS and the fact that Verizon had them on sale for $279!

For me the zoom is need as I'm looking a houses with them. Also the bigger screen is really nice when you're evaluating or looking for something through a picture.
I second that. I use an Android day to day, got an iPad for the Phantom, zoom option was a bonus.

I have an Ipad Air 4 and an Ipad Mini 4 both work great and have 2Gb Ram but I bought at Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 with 3 Gb Ram and it is Brill
never a flicker and dont skip a beat.. worth a look at

I use the Shield K1, screen is very sharp detail and has plenty of horse power for running drone apps. From a price point I don't think these can be beaten.

That update didn't fix the compass. In fact it made me question what they are even looking at and if they know what a compass is...

Compass is working fine on mine Android 6.0.1 Shield tablet software version 1.3(24.3.68.8)

Compass is working fine on mine Android 6.0.1 Shield tablet software version 1.3(24.3.68.8)
Same version here...Going to buy an ipad pro 9.7 today and use the shield K1 for target practice...Hell, I might even see if i can launch it from my skeet thrower...

Reactions: MasterBlaster
Same version here...Going to buy an ipad pro 9.7 today and use the shield K1 for target practice...Hell, I might even see if i can launch it from my skeet thrower...

That's a lot of money just for a compass :D

Please get video if you decide to "pull the trigger"
:)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: chazz

Thanks

A

Have a read at my comment in this thread. Hopefully it helps.

SD card and Best tablet to use

Reactions: Alex in Devon
lol... compass doesnt even work on a non ios tablet. classic.

I second that. I use an Android day to day, got an iPad for the Phantom, zoom option was a bonus.
Yeah, the 2X zoom on IOS is sure nice to have.

I was trying to shoot my buddies car going down the coast highway a couple weeks ago. There was no way to ID his car with the standard view, the cars were just too small to ID soon enough as they drive by at 50mph. But when I used the 2X zoom to confirm which of the 14 cars was his, I could quickly go back to standard view to track and shoot his drive by. For those of you that poopoo digital zoom all the time, just try what I've described. You'll quickly find the zoom is very useful, helping to ID things when shooting, and spend more time shooting things of interest that you can SEE better, even though you may want to shoot in standard view for edit. Someday Android will have the zoom function.

BTW, I'd never own an iPhone, I like Android so much better. LG-G5, oh man that's a nice phone, just got one. 3 cameras! :D Replaceable battery, replaceable charge connector and speaker, USB3 type C 3amp fast charge. It's the bees knees.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl