Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

ios app the best

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by denodan, Jul 4, 2015.

1. denodan

Was out flying my phantom. 3 yesterday and forgot to Cache my map over wifi before flying.

With the android app version you got to either cache the map before flying or use cellular to get map, guess what?, with no wifi or cellular at all when I turned on my ipad mini 2, wifi only version on, my tx and Phantom 3. It said set home point like it normally say and check map,
    Did this and seems the Phantom gets the right location and map, no need to Cache or cellular to download the map.

I believe the android version does not bring up the right map automatically, so another reason why the ios version is better.

2. F6Rider

Uh, sorry to burst your bubble, but without Cell connection or caching the local map at some point the P3 cannot 'magically' snatch the correct map out of its innards.

3. snerd

Could be it connected to an open wifi nearby.

4. denodan

No had no wifi on, but did have the whole city map zoomed out already in the ipad, so when my Phantom had connected zoomed to the right location. Never did it on the android version? As a matter of fact the last flight I had was cached and where I did fly yesterday was miles away from my flight on Friday.

#4 denodan, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  5. denodan

I know with ios, you can have our whole city cached and then will zoom I to the aera you fly in. The android version does not seem to do this and you must have the area your going to fly in cached or cellular.

6. Ton4

Android caches just fine.

best regards,

7. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes ... that sounds exactly like you had cached the map and didn't realise it.

8. rickeyfitts

My Galaxy Pro 8.4 w/Android 4.4 also.
    Cheers!

9. denodan

Well the map last time I flow was in there so zoomed out to display the whole city. When my phantom started up showed my new location on the map