iOS 9.0.2 test

ok last night on my ipad mini2 I downloaded and installed the new IOS 9.0.2 and uninstalled the dji go app from it and reinstalled it
today before I flew I saw the channel hack went away with the update so I re did that and put it on channel 32, where I usually always keep it. It was getting a little windy but had to check to see if it was going to work. well right away I saw major camera lag and black on and off screen. and camera lag. crap! so since it was windy I did not mess with it any more. so here I am back to the forum.
But earlier this morning I went out with my ipad air 2 with the 8.4 still installed and the new DJI go app installed everything worked great!!
no lag, nothing!! A flawless flight! we are expected to have high winds and rain the rest of the week end... again crap!
Uninstalling the DJI GO app wipes out the app's dedicated Documents folder, which is where the channel hack is installed, which is why the channel hack disappears when you reinstall any version of the app. The overhead required to run iOS 9 on older hardware like the Mini 2 doesn't leave enough resources for a smooth DJI GO experience. Since you already own it, best to use the fastest iOS hardware, which is still the Air 2.

Uninstalling the DJI GO app wipes out the app's dedicated Documents folder, which is where the channel hack is installed, which is why the channel hack disappears when you reinstall any version of the app. The overhead required to run iOS 9 on older hardware like the Mini 2 doesn't leave enough resources for a smooth DJI GO experience. Since you already own it, best to use the fastest iOS hardware, which is still the Air 2.

100% agree.. The mini 2 is becoming outdated and lacking the power needed.

100% agree.. The mini 2 is becoming outdated and lacking the power needed.
It's planned obsolescence by Apple. Apple has to give those skipping hardware upgrades a reason to join the party! The newest iOS always adds features requiring newer hardware. All Apple hardware runs best under the iOS release that coincided with it. Best not to upgrade the iOS once the hardware has grandchildren and is two generations old! Mini 2 to Mini 4 is a huge leap. Grandkids are known to tire out the grandparents! Short visits are fine, but living with them is tough! Air 2 was already so far ahead of previous hardware that no update for it was even offered with iOS 9. It's still the top of the line!:cool:

Reactions: brianb87
Thank you! Further corroberation of what I just confirmed above. Anyone else, other than the one poster above, brianb87, on 9.0.2 seeing the red arrow stuck at the Home Point suddenly fixed in 9.0.2.?
My red arrow issue is gone after 9.0.2 upgrade, but now the **** red aircraft arrow in the flight map points in the wrong direction if red/blue needle is locked, if I unlock it it's fine, but map turns with controller/ipad, my luck!

My red arrow issue is gone after 9.0.2 upgrade, but now the **** red aircraft arrow in the flight map points in the wrong direction if red/blue needle is locked, if I unlock it it's fine, but map turns with controller/ipad, my luck!
Yes, the most recent DJI GO update fixed the errant tethering of the red aircraft arrow to the home point in the flight logs. It wasn't 9.0.2.
As to your new issue, I think that's normal behavior, unless I am misunderstanding you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl