iOS 9.0.2 test

My flying buddy also has the P3, iPad Mini 3- he updated to iOS 9 and is constantly getting monitor transmission interruptions now.
We both flew today and he kept getting the screen blanking out momentarily - and within 700-900' away.
Mine did not.
He took my iPad with iOS 8.4.1 and flew a whole battery's worth without a single blip on the iPad. Perfect.
I will not update until more people report it fixed. He's still on iOS 9 or 9.1
He will be updating to 9.2 soon to see if it's any better
Just to avoid confusion, 9.0.2 is the latest iOS (not 9.2). These are bug fix updates, and Apple is rolling them out quickly. Once you have made the plunge to 9.0.x, you should install all the bug fixes, as they are released. They are unlikely to introduce any new issues that weren't in iOS 9.0.0, but they will fix known issues, as Apple identifies and patches them. However, no amount of Apple updates will fix code deficiencies in the DJI GO app that may still be needed for it to work as it did under 8.4.1. Also, rollbacks to iOS 8.4.2 from iOS 9 are no longer possible, as Apple has stopped signing iOS 8.4.1 and 9.0.1.

Reactions: jephoto
Just to avoid confusion, 9.0.2 is the latest iOS (not 9.2). These are bug fix updates, and Apple is rolling them out quickly. Once you have made the plunge to 9.0.x, you should install all the bug fixes, as they are released. They are unlikely to introduce any new issues that weren't in iOS 9.0.0, but they will fix known issues, as Apple identifies and patches them. However, no amount of Apple updates will fix code deficiencies in the DJI GO app that may still be needed for it to work as it did under 8.4.1. Also, rollbacks to iOS 8.4.2 from iOS 9 are no longer possible, as Apple has stopped signing iOS 8.4.1 and 9.0.1.
Thanks for the clarification. Since my iPad is dedicated to use with the P3 I've no problem waiting until DJI fixes whatever it needs to work with iOS 9.xxx

Thanks for clarifying. That's encouraging. Now if we could only identify what the real issue is that is keeping us from getting the red arrow to lead the flight path in the flight log. Can't just be iOS 9. You have successfully debunked that hypothesis. :) I use an Air 2 myself for flying, but have kept it at 8.4.1 which still displays them correctly. I am understandably reluctant to upgrade it to 9.0.2 just to test it.

Perhaps some other DJI GO app setting related to the syncing is the culprit.
Do you sync your logs after each flight?
Do you sync ALL or just the last 30 days?
Have you tried accessing the synced logs from another iOS device with DJI GO installed on it, to see if they also play correctly from another device (which is closer to my scenario where it fails on synced files retrieved through a different iOS 9.0.2 device).

Has it always worked correctly on your Air 2, even under 9.0.0 and 9.0.1, or was it not working under 9.0.0 and 9.0.1 and is now working under 9.0.2, or did you upgrade directly from 8.4.1 to 9.0.2, so you don't know?

I just recently got my iPad Air 2. I went from 8.3.1 to 9.0.2.

I just recently got my iPad Air 2. I went from 8.3.1 to 9.0.2.
Thanks! That helps. Perhaps something in the iOS 9.0.0 update that you skipped is the culprit. That is different than others who first updated to iOS 9.0.0, when the issue began. You also skipped 8.4.1.

1. What iOS version was on the Air 2 when you installed the DJI GO app?
2. What other device did you use prior to the iPad Air 2, and what iOS version is it on?
3. Do you resync all your flight logs after each flight?
4. When you sync, do you sync ALL logs or just the logs from the last 30 days, or 3 or 6 months, or just your favorites (yellow starred flights)?
5. Have you tried accessing the synced flight logs from your other iOS device with DJI GO installed on it, to see if they also still play correctly from the other device (which is closer to my scenario where it fails on synced files retrieved through a different iOS 9.0.2 device).
6. Have you looked at older flights that are more than 30 days old, in addition to new flights, and verified after syncing, that they all still play correctly from your Air 2 on 9.0.2?

With your help, we can figure this out!:cool:

Last edited:
My flying buddy also has the P3, iPad Mini 3- he updated to iOS 9 and is constantly getting monitor transmission interruptions now.
We both flew today and he kept getting the screen blanking out momentarily - and within 700-900' away.
Mine did not.
He took my iPad with iOS 8.4.1 and flew a whole battery's worth without a single blip on the iPad. Perfect.
I will not update until more people report it fixed. He's still on iOS 9 or 9.1
He will be updating to 9.2 soon to see if it's any better

I was in the same boat, with the same issues, but I downgraded back to 8.4.1. Please let us know how 9.2 behaves.

I have same issue in flight logs, on iPad Air and 9.0.2. I updated iOS from 8.4.1 to 9.0 to 9.0.1 and to 9.0.2.

I have same issue in flight logs, on iPad Air and 9.0.2. I updated iOS from 8.4.1 to 9.0 to 9.0.1 and to 9.0.2.
I did the same on both my iPad Mini 2 and my iPhone 6+, updating each time an update was offered. The arrow stays "tethered" to the home point. Maybe skipping 9.0.0 and 9.0.1 and 8.4.1 and jumping from 8.3.1 to 9.0.2 somehow keeps the red arrow moving. Anyone else, other than brianb87, still able to get the red arrow to move along the route in the flight logs on 9.0.2?

I did the same on both my iPad Mini 2 and my iPhone 6+, updating each time an update was offered. The arrow stays "tethered" to the home point. Maybe skipping 9.0.0 and 9.0.1 and 8.4.1 and jumping from 8.3.1 to 9.0.2 somehow keeps the red arrow moving. Anyone else, other than brianb87, still able to get the red arrow to move along the route in the flight logs on 9.0.2?

How could it work? .. it seems that apple made some change (bug?) in the ios graphic primitives in the 9.x.x .. It happens also on my iPhone 6+. I had same issue with TomTom as soon as updated to ios 9. Now tomtom has updated app and it works fine.

Second: I have the impression that RC with ios9 has some issue with signal hopping in auto channel mode. Often I need to reboot P3 becouse can't connect with DJI Go app. It never happene before ios9. This happens on both the P3A and the P3P. If I set channel in manual mode no problem (32ch hack is in this case nice to have).

How could it work? .. it seems that apple made some change (bug?) in the ios graphic primitives in the 9.x.x .. It happens also on my iPhone 6+. I had same issue with TomTom as soon as updated to ios 9. Now tomtom has updated app and it works fine.
No idea. Grasping at straws here. One guy says it's still working for him on iOS 9.0.2 with an iPad Air 2. I suspect DJI will have to update DJI GO to fix the issue for the rest of us.

Second: I have the impression that RC with ios9 has some issue with signal hopping in auto channel mode. Often I need to reboot P3 becouse can't connect with DJI Go app. It never happene before ios9. This happens on both the P3A and the P3P. If I set channel in manual mode no problem (32ch hack is in this case nice to have).
32 Channel Hack is very nice to have, to restore our original functionality. There is rarely ever any traffic on the higher channels.:cool:

Thanks! That helps. Perhaps something in the iOS 9.0.0 update that you skipped is the culprit. That is different than others who first updated to iOS 9.0.0, when the issue began. You also skipped 8.4.1.

1. What iOS version was on the Air 2 when you installed the DJI GO app?
2. What other device did you use prior to the iPad Air 2, and what iOS version is it on?
3. Do you resync all your flight logs after each flight?
4. When you sync, do you sync ALL logs or just the logs from the last 30 days, or 3 or 6 months, or just your favorites (yellow starred flights)?
5. Have you tried accessing the synced flight logs from your other iOS device with DJI GO installed on it, to see if they also still play correctly from the other device (which is closer to my scenario where it fails on synced files retrieved through a different iOS 9.0.2 device).
6. Have you looked at older flights that are more than 30 days old, in addition to new flights, and verified after syncing, that they all still play correctly from your Air 2 on 9.0.2?

With your help, we can figure this out!:cool:

iPad mini 2 - 8.4.1

Yes

All logs

No

No

I've done quite a bit in the past month. From upgrading tablet. Went from 1.4 - 1.3 back to 1.4 trying to fix my horizon tilt. Had a issue the other day where I had to do a complete restore on my PC, which included removing iTunes and reinstalling. I'm sure there a few other changed I've made and have not listed. It's hard for me to pin point what I did different causing me to not have the flight log issue. I'll try to expand on this post when I get home from work.

I agree there. I have one P3P with a very mild one, not bad enough to piss me off. But I do have to correct a couple of degrees in post. Here's a time lapse sunset from the other day.

Sent from my PT beating heart
How do you time lapse

Thank you! Further corroberation of what I just confirmed above. Anyone else, other than the one poster above, brianb87, on 9.0.2 seeing the red arrow stuck at the Home Point suddenly fixed in 9.0.2.?
Yes I am too

Sorry I have not seen it fixed. It is fixed in position at the home point.
It does not move around the flight path

Last edited:

iPad mini 2 - 8.4.1

Yes

All logs

No

No

I've done quite a bit in the past month. From upgrading tablet. Went from 1.4 - 1.3 back to 1.4 trying to fix my horizon tilt. Had a issue the other day where I had to do a complete restore on my PC, which included removing iTunes and reinstalling. I'm sure there a few other changed I've made and have not listed. It's hard for me to pin point what I did different causing me to not have the flight log issue. I'll try to expand on this post when I get home from work.
Thanks, Brian. It remains a mystery. I don't think we'll be able to replicate your success, and will likely have to wait for DJI to fix it. If you think of anything else, let us know.

Thank you! Further corroberation of what I just confirmed above. Anyone else, other than the one poster above, brianb87, on 9.0.2 seeing the red arrow stuck at the Home Point suddenly fixed in 9.0.2.?

yes just tried and same thing for me on ios 9.0.2 Red arrow does not move from home point.

ok last night on my ipad mini2 I downloaded and installed the new IOS 9.0.2 and uninstalled the dji go app from it and reinstalled it
today before I flew I saw the channel hack went away with the update so I re did that and put it on channel 32, where I usually always keep it. It was getting a little windy but had to check to see if it was going to work. well right away I saw major camera lag and black on and off screen. and camera lag. crap! so since it was windy I did not mess with it any more. so here I am back to the forum.
But earlier this morning I went out with my ipad air 2 with the 8.4 still installed and the new DJI go app installed everything worked great!!
no lag, nothing!! A flawless flight! we are expected to have high winds and rain the rest of the week end... again crap!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik