iOS 11 Official Release - DJI Go

Reaction score
Anyone using the official release of iOS 11 w/ their Phantom 3? How’s it working?

I’d like to hear some testimonials before I update my iPad.

Last time I flew (a few months ago at this point) I was on an early beta of 11 and I didn’t have any issues. I plan on flying this weekend, so I’ll have an update on the GM anyways.

A couple of caveats: I use DJI Go 4 for a P4P, I only updated my iPhone, not my iPad, I haven't flown with IOS 11 ! (yet)
Having said that, I was curious to see the screen recording whislt in DJI Go. (oh, another caveat, I didn't power up the Phantom....)

Reactions: chazzm
I updated to IOS 11 this morning and tried to record DJI GO screen, seems to work. Will have to update the iPad and give it a go, it would be a nice improvement.

Rob

Prior to wiping out yesterday, I was using the updated IOS. No great hassles.

Been using IOS 11 Beta for a few months and had an issue with the iPad Mini4 when using the new IOS 11 screen recorder. The recorder apparently added more computing power to run than the Mini could handle. Purchased an iPad pro which uses the A10 64 bit processor instead of the Mini's A8, and does a super job.

Anyone using the official release of iOS 11 w/ their Phantom 3? How’s it working?

I’d like to hear some testimonials before I update my iPad.

I am flying since the first public iOS 11 beta was available on my iPhone and iPad Pro with p4pro and no issues discovered.

Been using IOS 11 Beta for a few months and had an issue with the iPad Mini4 when using the new IOS 11 screen recorder. The recorder apparently added more computing power to run than the Mini could handle. Purchased an iPad pro which uses the A10 64 bit processor instead of the Mini's A8, and does a super job.
Bummer that the ideal sized Mini 4 doesn't have the horsepower. That likely means that iOS 11 will completely crap out the Mini 4, like it did my iPhone 6+, which does well with the screen recorder, but is now otherwise ruined as a usable device. Takes 10+ seconds just to wake up and every app takes forever to launch, and camera screen is black for 15-30 seconds before you can see anything! I was forced to upgrade from 10.3.3 to iOS 11 solely to use the new AppleWatch 3 cellular, which is also a piece of crap, and no more useful than the Apple Watch 1, as Siri only works 10% of the time, and phone calls fail 90% of the time! Thanks Apple! :mad:

Reactions: hrosee
Bummer that the ideal sized Mini 4 doesn't have the horsepower. That likely means that iOS 11 will completely crap out the Mini 4, like it did my iPhone 6+, which does well with the screen recorder, but is now otherwise ruined as a usable device. Takes 10+ seconds just to wake up and every app takes forever to launch, and camera screen is black for 15-30 seconds before you can see anything! I was forced to upgrade from 10.3.3 to iOS 11 solely to use the new AppleWatch 3 cellular, which is also a piece of crap, and no more useful than the Apple Watch 1, as Siri only works 10% of the time, and phone calls fail 90% of the time! Thanks Apple! :mad:
Sorry Bout That :(

You are correct about the Mini 4 being the ideal size. 7.9 inches was perfect for me.. not too small, not too big. The "small" iPad pro is now 9.7 (almost 10) and a little too big for me. Add the big Raptor antenna, and it get's a little heavy. Wait til the amps (and battery) come it !!! It always seems I can stand in the field forever and no bugs. But as soon as I pick up the controller and start flying... here they come!! So then you get a itch you need to scratch when a bug lands on or near your face.... kind of hard to hold the controller with the big tablet, and the antenna with one hand, and scratch with the other !! :eek: What makes it particularly difficult is you're holding onto the side of the controller... so its way off balance now... What I learned to do is grab the Raptor bracket on the back in the middle of the controller with the one hand and scratch with the free hand !

Last edited:
Reactions: itshowiroll
I appreciate the heads up! :cool: I do use an iPadPro 9.7" for most of my flying, so sounds like screen recording on it will be fine, after an iOS 11update.
Yup, It works great for me. Hope you like it as well. Cheers !!!

...... but is now otherwise ruined as a usable device. Takes 10+ seconds just to wake up and every app takes forever to launch, and camera screen is black for 15-30 seconds before you can see anything! I was forced to upgrade from 10.3.3 to iOS 11 solely to use the new AppleWatch 3 cellular, which is also a piece of crap, and no more useful than the Apple Watch 1, as Siri only works 10% of the time, and phone calls fail 90% of the time! Thanks Apple! :mad:

Just a thought.... maybe you got a "bad update"... have you considered resetting the phone back to original ? If my memory serves me correct I think even if you reset the phone it will reset to iOS11. That said perhaps you will get a better functioning iOS11 ????

Check the free space on your device. I have experienced this kind of slowness when my iPhone with iOS 11 had 4gb free out of 128gb.

Just a thought.... maybe you got a "bad update"... have you considered resetting the phone back to original ? If my memory serves me correct I think even if you reset the phone it will reset to iOS11. That said perhaps you will get a better functioning iOS11 ????
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to do a proper backup of 10.3.3 before doing the update to set up the Apple Watch 3. I did find a solution though. See below.

Check the free space on your device. I have experienced this kind of slowness when my iPhone with iOS 11 had 4gb free out of 128gb.
Thank you! Like you, after the update, I only had 6GB of 128GB available after the iOS 11 update. I independently let Apple reduce the size of the photos stored on the device to free up room for new screen recordings, which left 81GB free. Now, it is much better! Lag of a second or two, which is acceptable, instead of 15 seconds or more! :cool: I'm feeling better about the update. Maybe the Apple Watch will become more responsive as well, with more room on the iPhone! The Siri issues may have been due to server overloads. We shall see. However, 90% of the time, Siri on the cellular Watch still wants me to use my iPhone to get the answer! :rolleyes:

Thank you! Like you, after the update, I only had 6GB of 128GB available after the iOS 11 update. I independently let Apple reduce the size of the photos stored on the device to free up room for new screen recordings, which left 81GB free. Now, it is much better! Lag of a second or two, which is acceptable, instead of 15 seconds or more! :cool: I'm feeling better about the update. Maybe the Apple Watch will become more responsive as well, with more room on the iPhone! The Siri issues may have been due to server overloads. We shall see. However, 90% of the time, Siri on the cellular Watch still wants me to use my iPhone to get the answer! :rolleyes:
Excellent, Kudos to pporozin... That's what this forum is all about... I'm going to check my free space !!! Have A Great Day Everyone !!

Good Morning pporozin... how does one free up the space on iPads (pro and mini4)...
Thanks !!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor