IOC

So, you cannot use course lock or home lock when the S1 switch is on ATTI?

Here are the images I hacked together to better explain the difference.

Attachments

• HomeLock.png
    HomeLock.png
    75.6 KB · Views: 824
  • CourseLock.png
    CourseLock.png
    112.3 KB · Views: 791
Many of the comments made here mirror thoughts I've had. I originally started researching the Phantom (not 2, not Vision) months ago and read a lot about IOC. Having recently obtained a P2V, I was somewhat perplexed about where IOC was. After digging around on the 'net (including this helpful site), I figured out how to get to NAZA and IOC. The Vision 2 itself is pretty much mute on the subject.

The weather here hasn't been conducive to any serious experimenting so i haven't payed with IOC yet, but I think I've got it figured out. There are many helpful descriptions here (and elsewhere) but i really hadn't come across a diagram that "spoke to me" ... so i took a shot at one for my own use. I'm posting it here for two reasons, 1) to see if it looks accurate and 2) if so, to provide an additional aid to others.

A final thought/question ... if I understand Home Lock correctly, if you stand at the home point (after flying the required distance away) and continuously apply left or right input, won't the P2V simply fly circles around you?

The file really didn't resize well so you can access the original at http://www.lsvl.info/IOCcombo.png

Attachments

• IOCcombo800.png
    IOCcombo800.png
    88.5 KB · Views: 814
Phantasmic said:
LandYachtMedia said:
Sledge said:

Correct. If you are in ATTI mode Course Lock and Home Lock do not work.

DJI disagrees with you.

You are correct. CourseLock works but HomeLock does not.

I corrected my post above.

LandYachtMedia said:
Sledge said:

Hmmm, I thought that only Home Lock required GPS as it requires a locked-on home point. Course Lock works with S1 in either GPS or ATTI position - although it essentially ignores GPS and flies in ATTI mode anyway, with the stick orientation locked to the direction the craft was pointed at start-up.

jimre said:
LandYachtMedia said:
Sledge said:

Hmmm, I thought that only Home Lock required GPS as it requires a locked-on home point. Course Lock works with S1 in either GPS or ATTI position - although it essentially ignores GPS and flies in ATTI mode anyway, with the stick orientation locked to the direction the craft was pointed at start-up.

I corrected my post above. In ATTI mode CL works but HL doesn't. Sorry for the confusion.

Visioneer said:
A final thought/question ... if I understand Home Lock correctly, if you stand at the home point (after flying the required distance away) and continuously apply left or right input, won't the P2V simply fly circles around you?
Yes, as long as the craft is at least 10 meters away from the Home Point.

I thought that the course that Course Lock uses for reference is the course that the P2V is on
at the moment you enter into Course Lock mode, and nothing to do with the course you initially
used to depart the Home location. Am I wrong?

Manuals would be even cooler if this information was actually in the Phantom 2 Vision manual. I don't think it's obvious to everyone that you're supposed to look in the Phantom 1 Advanced Manual for this information...

Certainly it is not clear that anything one finds in P1 or P2 manuals actually
applies to the P2V. Sure, they are clues, and they MIGHT apply, but they also
might not be exactly correct for the P2V in some of the fine details, right?

garygid said:
I thought that the course that Course Lock uses for reference is the course that the P2V is on
at the moment you enter into Course Lock mode, and nothing to do with the course you initially
used to depart the Home location. Am I wrong?

For P2V the course it uses is the one set before takeoff UNLESS you manually (re)set it.

Attachments

• NAZA-M CL.jpg
    NAZA-M CL.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 287

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl