Intro and Intro Drone

Welcome to PhantomPilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Good choice. ;) Welcome Aboard!

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Hey all. Wannabe drone operator from SC. I plan on getting a Phantom soon but saw this discount on a starter drone Syma X5C 2.4GHz Best Budget Drone and was wondering if it's a good place to cut my teeth?

I started out with the Syma X8,it was a great way to learn to fly. Yes it’s a toy, and yes you will crash it; I did, many times. But, in doing so I learned how to fly a drone, avoid running into things, gauge hight, distance, direction, etc. So, when I invested in a P4, I understood the basics of how to fly it.

While the P4 and its upgrades are simple to fly compared to a Syma, I also found I was much better able to deal with issues in flight with my P4 when things went wrong given my experience with the Syma, which has no GPS, in flight display or obstacle avoidance features.

So, in my humble opinion, I would suggest anyone new to drones, invest in the toy version, learn to fly it reliably, then invest the $1500 plus needed to a get a P4P or even the $1000 needed for a Maverick.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94