Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Into the River Repair Advice

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by 3Rivers, Jul 16, 2014.

1. 3Rivers

Crashed my Vision Plus into the river, totally user error. I am a dumbass.

Fished it out, dried it out per all of the conventional wisdom. Recovered the SD card (awesome video by the way)

The good news:

Camera, gimbal, FPV, GPS are all functioning normally. Captures clear photo and video. Good FPV signal to phone, shows good telemetry.

The bad news:

No signal from remote to Phantom. Motors don't fire up. Getting "Configuration Error" message.

I imagine main controller on the board is toast. Before I drop 229 on controller, can anyone help me diagnose if this is the real problem.

Thanks

2. Jeffin916

I did the same exact thing. Granted mine did not fully submerged under the water and it was only for about 4 seconds. Here is what I did. I took an air compressor and I blew out any excess water out of the drone. I then opened up the top and I sumerge the whole drone in rice for 24 hours. By then took a blow dryer just tried to evaporate any type of water that might exist. After that, I had two re connect thephantom phone app with the wifi because it wasn't talking to it anymore. After I did not, it all work again. I wish you the best of luck and hope that you get your bird back to life

3. Mal_PV2_Ireland

Some people would advise t immediately remove the battery after recovery, wash down with lots of distilled water, dry as much as possible with an air compressor then get it into rice for a few days. After that you then need to start diagnosing what parts of your bird have failed which is the hard part and then replace as necessary. Sorry I cant offer any more detailed advice on the fixing part.

4. DronePilot

Look for deionized water rather than distilled water to flush. Ions in water are what destroys electronics such chlorine or salt.

5. Mal_PV2_Ireland

+1 silly me, I meant deionized water. Been a long day :roll:

6. Mako79

New Toothbrush and methylated spirits. Then leave to dry. The Toothbrush removes much more.

7. EMCSQUAR

Try rebinding Tx to your Phantom, then put on assistant -> tools -> restore default settings -> do ALL calibrations Advanced IMU, stick, battery and compass cal.

8. 3Rivers

Thanks for all the advice. Tried all these steps, no luck so far getting her airborne...

When I turn on the Tx, the red binding light on the Phantom turns off, which tells me it is getting a signal. I may just start replacing the guts and see what happens.

9. WyattEarp

Hey how about a link to the video. You did say it was awesome.

10. yali

Can you share the video ?

11. rrmccabe

Have you tried this with camera unhooked? My 2+ has camera issues and the motors will not spool up with the camera attached. It's a factory problem and they are replacing it but something was inhibiting start. Camera removed and it flies fine.