Newbie in need of advice!

Reaction score
Hello all!

Newbie here with a P3 4K which I've owned for a little over 3 weeks. Bought second hand with a few bits of extras and all seemed in good order.

I've been quietly searching this forum for a while looking for some answer to a few things I've encountered and would just like to ask, are these things normal?!

1) Whilst mid flight, over a river, moderately built up area but near the river some nice open space, a compass error and switch straight into ATTI mode and stayed like that until back on terra firma. Weather conditions; dry, cold, slight breeze.

2) Today after a flight and battery change, I moved location, started up, took off, after getting no more than head height, No
Image transmission. All controls to the drone itself intact but no video. Put it down to location and moved to another part of town. Tried again and exact same thing happened! Frustration set in and I packed off and went home.

Came home, switched on and video feed back on.

Issue 1, didn't appear today and stayed in GPS mode throughout flight.

Phantom stats:
App version: 3.1.2
Aircraft 1.5.40
SanDisk extreme 64GB 4K SD card, heat sink fan appears to be functioning and almost powers on immediately (not sure if that's a good thing?)
2 genuine DJI batteries
Using iPad mini, original version.

So yeah, any help and advice is greatly appreciated as I'm hugely frustrated!

Many thanks.

J

Hi Jonnyrad. You said that it was cold... But did not say how cold. The battery needs to be above 15 degrees Celsius or it will go into "protection" mode. View your log files and they should display some of your issues you may be having. I recently ran into this problem flying over Lake St.Claire in Canada. After checking my log files it was a battery temperature issue. Battery was way below proper operating temperature. I came directly out of a home and the battery temperature dropped fast due the below zero degrees Fahrenheit temperature. Good luck and keep us informed with what you find in your log files.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20