Internet

Devices providing their own access points/SSIDs to use their features typically can't provide internet through it.
If you are genuinely trying to connect to your router/modem Wi-Fi and forgot your paraphrase, consult the documentation for the router. If it is provided by the ISP, give their support a call.

Neither the aircraft nor the TX connect to the internet. Have you read the manual?
Man's head.jpg

Reactions: Numone
RC ..drone good....when I put password in ..it won't connect to wifi....but RC links to drone.
Anthony you were told back in March you do not need WiFi to fly your drone which, at that time, you seemed to understand? You only need to connect to the internet to update your GO app, cache a map on the GO app so you have this in the area you're going to fly or download firmware updates. What exactly are you trying to do?

When fly at home ...my bird don't connect to my home Wi-Fi!!! It always did in the pass...why I don't know

When fly at home ...my bird don't connect to my home Wi-Fi!!! It always did in the pass...why I don't know
Your drone nor your remote connected to the internet at home, ever. The only thing that does would be your device, cell phone or tablet.

Use my phone Android....it shows up Phantom....than says no internet connection!!!
That's completely normal. Your Phantom's wifi connection is not a connection to the Internet. That message (no internet connection) is simply your phone telling you what I just told you and what a couple of others also noted earlier in this thread.

This question seems to be the single most asked question from P3S owners. Here are examples:
Search Results for Query: P3S, no internet connection | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

Last edited:
That's completely normal. Your Phantom's wifi connection is not a connection to the Internet. That message (no internet connection) is simply your phone telling you what I just told you and what a couple of others also noted earlier in this thread.

This question seems to be the single most asked question from P3S owners. Here are examples:
Search Results for Query: P3S, no internet connection | DJI Phantom Drone Forum
It still amazes me in this day and age of technology that people could make this error. This is not putting down the OP, as you stated it is a common question on the forums. Why do people associate the word "internet" with the technology of Wi-Fi ? And understand that it is just a communication technology just like Bluetooth would be. I'm by no means a young guy, actually an old timer and the first moment that message popped up on my screen I closed it immediately, and understood it was a non-issue.

Reactions: Matts175
[emoji23] is that really the most asked question. Like time to time it makes sense for someone to get confused but come on, that many ppl.

Ok, I'm going to break it down as simple as possible. Think of WIFI like this.

There are two people talking, the farther apart they are the harder it is to hear. Both people are getting information from somewhere. They can get as much information as they want, but the have to go get it... so, one person asks what the score of a game is, the other goes and connects to the internet, gets the score and tells the person who asked for it. That is what internet is. This is what your drone does... a person asks for the position of the other, the other person, since he knows where he's at does not need the internet to tell him so he just replies back.

This is at the most basic way WIFI works

Why do people associate the word "internet" with the technology of Wi-Fi ?
I have always just assumed that many people (drone pilot or not) confuse "wifi" and "internet" simply because for many years the term "wifi" has been used in such a way that it has become synonymous with internet access. Most people use "wifi" to describe their home internet connection and even when traveling we look for "free wifi" since it almost always means internet access. Now take that background and apply it to a new drone pilot who is perhaps technology challenged and perhaps nervous about so many new drone related terms or messing something up and crashing. I can see how something as simple as the difference between "wifi" and "internet" could be confused at first for someone in that situation.

My personal favorite however is when people insist that GPS satellites download map data from the internet to their mobile devices. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT