Intermittent "Cannot Take Off" message since update

Reaction score
I decided to bite the bullet and update my P4P+ a couple of days ago. Since then, I have been getting intermittent "Cannot Take Off" messages that seem to have no real rhyme or reason to them. I am not in beginner mode and everything else appears to be as it was before.

I can reboot and this eventually solves the problem.

One thing DID happen when I was updating the firmware. After it completed I was told that the NFZ database needed to be updated. It got stuck on 0% download for about 10 minutes so I aborted that process. BTW, I am on a very fast WIFI network. I decided to restart everything to see if perhaps my WIFI settings had been erased with the update. When I confirmed that these settings were correct I was anticipating another prompt to update the NFZ database... but never saw one.

Is there a way to manually update the NFZ database?

Thanks in advance.

One thing DID happen when I was updating the firmware. After it completed I was told that the NFZ database needed to be updated. It got stuck on 0% download for about 10 minutes so I aborted that process. BTW, I am on a very fast WIFI network. I decided to restart everything to see if perhaps my WIFI settings had been erased with the update. When I confirmed that these settings were correct I was anticipating another prompt to update the NFZ database... but never saw one.

I've had an issue where and update just stalls when doing it through the app but went easily when I used teh DJI Assistant 2 software and a cable.

I decided to bite the bullet and update my P4P+ a couple of days ago. Since then, I have been getting intermittent "Cannot Take Off" messages that seem to have no real rhyme or reason to them. I am not in beginner mode and everything else appears to be as it was before.

I can reboot and this eventually solves the problem.

Thanks in advance.
Is your bird firing up and flying Jim?

Is your bird firing up and flying Jim?

It has not yet failed to fly yet, but I have had some rather extended "cannot take off" delays of a few minutes or more. Never had one at all prior to the update. I will start the bird up, then the RC, they link just fine. Then, when I would normally get an almost immediate 'Opti' flight status - I would get a 'cannot take off'. This might persist for a few minutes. A couple of times it went away and was replaced with the GPS flight green bar. One time I just restarted everything because it seemed to be taking too long.

My fear is that something might be going on that could happen DURING flight. Don't want that...

I turned off the NFZ location function and since doing that it has not given me this message. Frankly, i do my homework when it comes to air spaces and TFR's so if this solves the problem I am fine with that.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Mine did same, got stuck on 82% nfz update for well over 10 minutes. So came out of it.
On restart, no prompt to restart update.
Now I get lots of "cannot take off" warnings.
Worried that something might happen whilst airborne

Any update on this? I have a similar issue.

I updated firmware without first downloading the latest version of DJI Assistant. Afterward it kept telling me to update the NFZ database, or something to that effect.

I then installed the latest DJI Assistant, it mentioned that I need to get that latest info. I did so. Unlike some others here, I did NOT get any freeze or stuck update. In fact it finished quite quickly. I think I then refreshed firmware just because it seemed like a good idea. Again, no problem.

Now I'm getting the intermittent "Cannot take off"

Any ideas? This is really bothersome.

Any update on this? I have a similar issue.

I updated firmware without first downloading the latest version of DJI Assistant. Afterward it kept telling me to update the NFZ database, or something to that effect.

I then installed the latest DJI Assistant, it mentioned that I need to get that latest info. I did so. Unlike some others here, I did NOT get any freeze or stuck update. In fact it finished quite quickly. I think I then refreshed firmware just because it seemed like a good idea. Again, no problem.

Now I'm getting the intermittent "Cannot take off"

Any ideas? This is really bothersome.

I still get it, but I have always gotten through it with an OK for takeoff when the GPS locks on. It seems as if the update is waiting for a more solid GPS lock or something. I am also getting more warnings about the optical front and rear sensors not having enough ambient light to operate.

Maybe they have just built in a few more safeguards before allowing flight?

I still get it, but I have always gotten through it with an OK for takeoff when the GPS locks on. It seems as if the update is waiting for a more solid GPS lock or something. I am also getting more warnings about the optical front and rear sensors not having enough ambient light to operate.

Maybe they have just built in a few more safeguards before allowing flight?

I still get it if I turn it ATTI mode, which I don't think uses GPS. Yet I am prevented from taking off.

Are you eventually able to take off?

Eventually, yes. If I get it at the right moment because it comes and goes. But I have not actually done more than start the motors because I don't feel comfortable with it like that.

I have also had some random 'aircraft disconnected' incidents where my device totally loses connection.

And I had a VPS problem out of the blue where I had to calibrate the sensors. It would fast beep at motor start up and sometimes give a 'braking, move sticks to neutral position' even though I wasn't touching the sticks... or flying.

All of this seemed to coincide with the HDMI module install, the new firmware, the second attempt at new firmware using the proper version of DJI Assistant, and upgrading to the latest app. Unfortunately I had not flown recently and all of those things occurred around the same time, so it's hard to narrow down the problem.

I refreshed the firmware. I deleted and reinstalled the app. I would like to do the r/c firmware (especially because of the HDMI addition) but the app does not give me an option to downgrade or refresh.

Any help is appreciated. I'll probably do the IMU next, but I'm not given any indication that it is needed.

Jim, do you happen to have an HDMI module? I'm just trying to narrow down what I think are likely multiple different issues on my end.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl