Interference with DJI and surroundings?

Reaction score
Hi, can someone please explain to me where i can't fly the DJI?

I work at a shipyard and i would really love to take some aereal video + pics, is that possible? or the meetal structures would interfere with my DJI controller?

Am i able to fly between buildings even though i wouldnt have gps, or is that not possible?

You might want to fly in ATTI mode for this. The GPS sensor is mounted on top of the aircraft and so long as there's nothing between it and the sky, the GPS should be happy. The compass sensor is mounted on the landing gear, it unfortunately is sensitive to disturbances in the Earth's magnetic flux caused by other magnetic phenomena; your ship's hulls for example. This may be an invitation to a GPS/compass positional data conflict, which may lead to hunting, or in the wort case may lead to a flyway.

You won't know until you try, but you'll want to be able to drop out of GPS mode and switch to ATTI mode in the event the autopilot gets confused and decides to takeoff to an erroneous position.

iDrone

Dear iDrone,

Could you please explain further, im a newbie on this, how can i get to ATTI mode which you mention?

is it just by pulling the S1 switch to the middle or bottom position?

Vision's are shipped pre-configured for "Vision mode" which is full GPS, compass, & IMU navigation with S1 in the uppermost position (S2 is unassigned). And BTW S1 is on the right, S2 is on the left; an Asian thing we suspect.

The NAZA-M module for Vision also supports attitude mode (ATTI) , intelligent orientation control (IOC), and manual mode as well. However in order to access these modes you have to connect Vision to your computer by USB cable and run the Vision Assistant program. A button at the top of the screen will take you into NAZA programming mode where you can configure & assign these modes & other functions to your switches.

It is -not recommended- to assign MANUAL mode to any of the switches when you're new to flying quads. FYI, quads are inherently unstable in manual mode.

iDrone

I had some compas issues flying near a red colored mountain. Red rocks contain iron. It was no big deal it just made the Pantom fly a bit left and right is all. But yes lots of iron can make your drone less stable.
ATTI or attitude mode can help with this.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl