Insurance Claim Accepted Yahoo!!!

Reaction score
Did the unthinkable a few weeks ago and took my P3 swimming. Tried all the stuff to save it, but to no avail. Took the drowned bird to The Drone Shop on the Gold Coast. The boys there were terrific. Bought the broken one ($300) for bits and ordered me a new drone. These guys are a wealth of info and really look after their customers.

I had bought the original bird with my Gold Master Card and read about product insurance valid for a month after purchase. I filled in the forms sent all the relevant documentation and three weeks later they paid directly into my bank account the cost less $250 for delivery charges. A pretty good deal I thought. So I'm back in the air and no out of pocket expense.
Taking a tad more care over water now.....

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Minus $250 for delivery charges?! You sure that isn't just a deductible? That seems like an astronomical delivery charge! But good outcome any way.

Reactions: witold
Don't wanna buy me one do you Norm?? Hehe My last p3p lasted a week before it met an untimely death. Insurance would have been great!! I'm assuming only the gold MC and above offer this type of insurance? Don't think my standard Master Card offered it.

Don't wanna buy me one do you Norm?? Hehe My last p3p lasted a week before it met an untimely death. Insurance would have been great!! I'm assuming only the gold MC and above offer this type of insurance? Don't think my standard Master Card offered it.
Yeah Think it's only the Gold Card Scott or Platinum. First time I've used it. Pretty surprised.

Wonder how one might go claiming a smashed drone that "fell off the table at home" on home contents insurance?

Reactions: FunN4lo
Not sure where you are at, but deductibles in my hurricane state are up over the price of a P3. But even if they are not, a claim will probably send your rates higher for years to come. I can't imagine it would ever be economically viable to claim your P3 on HO insurance unless it was part of a much larger catastrophe

Im in Australia FunN4Io, and my deductible (we call it an Excess) is $100. So well worth it!

The $250 they took off was actually the Deductible or Excess not delivery charge. Have been out flying over water again today.
PA Ariel (5).JPG

what happened when you crashed in the water? i mean why did it go down, lost signal, run out of battery?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl