Installing iOSD mini and AVL58

Reaction score
Happy New Year everyone! Could someone please point me towards the best step by step instructions - preferably video - on how to install a DJI iOSD Mini and AVL58 Tx on the Phantom 2. Thanks!

the isod is very easy just plug into the can bus on leg. i never seen the avl58 but imagine it should be the same as most. video and power wires are all ready coming out of P2. yellow wire should go to iosd then yellow out of iosd goes to avl58 along with red and black power. hopefully someone can chime in i think this is right. don't have mine with me right now

@Ravecreative: Are your wires from P2 to iOSD soldered together and then wrapped?

I've got PH2 GP H3+ FPV is 7" Flysight Black Pearl

Hey guys, I am trying to install a iOSD mini, with AVL58, with the new FPV Hub and cannot figure out the wiring on it. Has anyone installed these pieces with the new hub?

Please help!! They say you only have to do solder a couple wires and is supposed to be a lot easier to install. The wiring documentation that comes with it, does not state how the wires coming out out of the PH2 have to be hooked to.

Thanks!! I appreciate any assistance!

Thanks for the reply. I have this document and yes, they are labeled, but they don't tell you is what cable to use for the connections going to the AVL58 and the where it says VTX and wireless video transmission module. There was no connection that fit what the description is. You cant plug the Hub VTX cable in and the Hub AVL58 connection in the sampe port. If you plug everything in the way it show, it doesn't tell you where to plug the power in from. If you don't need that and its getting power from another device, it doesn't tell you that either. I must be missing something. I've been working on it all day. I found someone who has used it and looked at his pictures, but the pics don't show what I need, unfortunately. Maybe with a clear head tomorrow, I will be able to figure it out. Comical at this point.

Thanks again! Have a great evening!

there was an issue with avl58 that it was sold with possitive and neggative wires put on backwards, im sure by know they fixed it. i just got mine $209 from bhphoto and it did not have that issue. installed it on my phantom v1.1.1 works great

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164