Inspire knock-off by Walkera

While this flat out plagiarism might hurt the pioneers in the industry it's great for us the consumers creating greater competition in the market and bringing prices down. Just look at the phone market. You can get good quality, reliable chinese smart phones now for $100-200 while the samsung galaxy still costs $600 and iphone almost $1000. It's awesome for the less fortunate. https://oneplus.net/ this is a great example of what this cut throat competition brings to the consumer.
I'm all for it!!!!!

TomasBKK said:
While this flat out plagiarism might hurt the pioneers in the industry it's great for us the consumers creating greater competition in the market and bringing prices down. Just look at the phone market. You can get good quality, reliable chinese smart phones now for $100-200 while the samsung galaxy still costs $600 and iphone almost $1000. It's awesome for the less fortunate. https://oneplus.net/ this is a great example of what this cut throat competition brings to the consumer.
I'm all for it!!!!!

Yup... no argument here... :D

-slinger

gunslinger said:
.. As a country they don't have the same copyright laws or moral standards that the West is constrained by... It's ludicrous...
Perhaps the West is ludicrous by allowing large corporations to think they can own future ideas, effort and real enterprize by purchasing large blocks of Western patents.

In a world without patents... think how much wealth would be pushed down towards the masses; especially to anyone with drive and initiative.

A different mindset it is.

If Walkera’s design could not implement the Inspire’s transforming skids, then there is no good reason why it should look like an Inspire. They could of invented another design without having to resort to this.

Walkera is trying to share some of the Inspire’s allure as a hot product, and to hopefully make some money. I believe this is an unacceptable way to design and sell product.

If there are going to create an inferior Inspire-clone, I would ask what corners did they also cut? I put safety and reliability as paramount. We have enough issues with DJI’s issues, why would I want something even worse?

So in conclusion, there is no way I’m buying this or likely any of Walkera’s other products.

turbodronepilot said:
I emailed Walkera today about the new quadcopter . They responded within a few hours. They said more details will be unveiled at CES 2115. With a release date in the first quarter of 2115..

Wow! we gotta wait a whole century!! :shock:

robbe have an offering too in the align. I like the folding props to make storage/backpack use easier.

gunslinger said:
Are the Chinese now copying the Chinese? Are you kidding??? Take a look at the Hubsan X4 micro quad world. I can't even count the number of total ripoffs of that quad by other Chinese companies. As a country they don't have the same copyright laws or moral standards that the West is constrained by... It's ludicrous...

-slinger

I'm not sure strict copyright laws and "moral standards" really helps a capitalistic market. Apple sued Microsoft in the late 80's because Windows had a graphical user interface and Apple wanted to lock that idea down as it's own patented technology (because Macintosh came out with it first). Can you imagine if Apple won that lawsuit? Every mouse click or finger swipe you've done on any electronic device in the last 25 years would've required a small royalty fee to Apple!

[quote="TimmyG94] I'm not sure strict copyright laws and "moral standards" really helps a capitalistic market. Apple sued Microsoft in the late 80's because Windows had a graphical user interface and Apple wanted to lock that idea down as it's own patented technology (because Macintosh came out with it first). Can you imagine if Apple won that lawsuit? Every mouse click or finger swipe you've done on any electronic device in the last 25 years would've required a small royalty fee to Apple!
[/quote]

LOL. No, that is not what would have happened had Apple won the lawsuit. The consumer would not pay a fee for every mouse click or finger swipe. How silly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl