Inspire knock-off by Walkera

Reaction score
Did DJI achieve their goal of inspiring at least one of their competitors?

Walkera's new quad for 2015. It doesn't look like the arms/landing gear retract; it appears to have tricycle landing gear and there are no pics with the arms down.

Maybe Walkera will name it the Imitate 1.

http://www.iuasinc.com/news/iuas-walker ... las-vegas/

that so close a copy that i wouldn't be surprised if the parts are interchangeable

They could have also had some staff poached.

Clipper707 said:
Did DJI achieve their goal of inspiring at least one of their competitors?

Walkera's new quad for 2015. It doesn't look like the arms/landing gear retract; it appears to have tricycle landing gear and there are no pics with the arms down.

Maybe Walkera will name it the Imitate 1.

http://www.iuasinc.com/news/iuas-walker ... las-vegas/

Is that an extension cord hanging off of it?! :)

russianfront said:
Total knock off. Are the Chinese now copying the Chinese? Say its now so.
If Walkera is from the US (not sure) - karma is a ***** China!

Yes, they do. By daytime their factories produce name brand products. By night, they produce the same product as a knock off. They have it covered both ways.

Extension cord? Do you mean the tail landing gear?

(I think that's the tail.)

There would seem to be a stability gain with the CG so far below the rotor(s) plane.

Not sure that would be the basis for a knock-off since the rotor arms don't [appear to] move.

Maybe the better design as it is yet to be seen as to the ruggedness of the Inspire's articulating arms.

N017RW said:
There would seem to be a stability gain with the CG so far below the rotor(s) plane.

Not sure that would be the basis for a knock-off since the rotor arms don't [appear to] move.

Maybe the better design as it is yet to be seen as to the ruggedness of the Inspire's articulating arms.

Not to mention its ESCs :)

actually being that most of DJI's parts are made by others its sort of hard to know whos the knock off of who.

J.James said:
actually being that most of DJI's parts are made by others its sort of hard to know whos the knock off of who.
Since DJI have been working on the Inspire for many months at least and are shipping them to customers and Walkera have only got a computer rendering to show at CES ... I think it's pretty obvious.

I get the impression that there is no such thing as a patent or copyright in China.

I'd like to know what the specifications are and the cost.. I like the retractable landing gear, but I feel the inspire 1 will be less likely to tip over on a landing..that's one thing I don't like about my phantom. .

I emailed Walkera today about the new quadcopter . They responded within a few hours. They said more details will be unveiled at CES 2115. With a release date in the first quarter of 2115..

i wonder if you get the Inspire style camera wobble when the camera retracts on the Walkera

russianfront said:
Total knock off. Are the Chinese now copying the Chinese? Say its now so.
If Walkera is from the US (not sure) - karma is a ***** China!

Are the Chinese now copying the Chinese? Are you kidding??? Take a look at the Hubsan X4 micro quad world. I can't even count the number of total ripoffs of that quad by other Chinese companies. As a country they don't have the same copyright laws or moral standards that the West is constrained by... It's ludicrous...

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj