In UK, TGI Fridays using UAV's indoors to get patrons ".....

Re: In UK, TGI Fridays using UAV's indoors to get patrons ".

Oh, the gore, the mayhem - the fearmongers finally have their first blood. Ban multicopters to protect us all.

bn-ss-drone-disaster-at-tgifridays-2014-12-12-bk05_sl.jpg

Lol Thats awesome "Face Slashed" hahaha
However with that joke made its still a pretty traumatic experience for someone.
I cut my hands all up one time with some carbon fiber props once and im still traumatized from that lol

Oh God, just read the comments below - apparently the asked the press to come and look and a photographer got hit in the face and his/her nose tip severed! Bad press alert!

Edit: only read page 1 before my reply

I cannot believe how irresponsible this David Quinones guy is (here is his FB page: https://www.facebook.com/SkyCamUsa?fref=photo

He touts commercial use and brags about all his jobs.

The case currently in the media while trying to land a small quad on a reporters hand, then F'n up the landing - whether she flinched or not it is HIS responsibility, I hope she sues the crap out of him..... did you read his quote: “If people get hurt, they’re going to come regardless. People get hurt in airplanes, they still fly,” Quiones said. “There is a risk involved — anything flying, there is risk.”

These are the dumbasses that will get our hobby banned in even more places.

I wish I lived nearby... I would go visit that restaurant... if it flew over my head it would not be flying for long. Flying a DJI Hexa with NO prop guards?... incredible...

I'm sure it's already posted but here is the full story again: http://www.brooklyndaily.com/storie...ster-at-tgifridays-2014-12-12-bk_2014_50.html

As 'Jolly' as this all is (Being Christmas and all).....

Am I the only one that sees this as DIRECT COMMERCIAL USE of a UAV?

The YouTube video is peppered with advertising word-idge and it's a blatant attempt to entice people into TGI venues over the festive period !

The Editor said:
As 'Jolly' as this all is (Being Christmas and all).....

Am I the only one that sees this as DIRECT COMMERCIAL USE of a UAV?

The YouTube video is peppered with advertising word-idge and it's a blatant attempt to entice people into TGI venues over the festive period !
Again, it was INDOORS, so no flying rules exist, and the laughing (oops, I mean terrified) patrons are PAID ACTORS.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl