In UK, TGI Fridays using UAV's indoors to get patrons ".....

Re: In UK, TGI Fridays using UAV's indoors to get patrons ".

Beyond Awesome. A++ for the flying skills

Best is eveyone's hair blowing all over the place

malibusteve70 said:
anyone else see those blinking reds?

Are they red or yellow? It's hard to tell since they mounted what looks like LED tea lights under the motors. @ :24 you can see some green flashing

I didn't listen to the audio and perhaps that would change my mind if I did, but in my opinion that is the most asinine use of a Quadcopter I have seen or read about.

Yes, I understand they are probably paid actors, the young lady is probably not flying the quad and some professional quad pilot is running the remote, but this is so very....stupid. The half of the UK that has not kissed under the mistletoe, keep it that way and avoid this restaurant.

Who cares if they're flying GPS indoors, red and green mean Christmas!

I hear we might get this here in the US.

CARROLLTON, Texas, Dec. 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- This holiday season, Fridays Mobile Mistletoe will appear in select restaurant locations to entice guests to make their social time more spirited. Inspired by the pilot program at the TGI Fridays Manchester Royal Exchange restaurant in the UK, Fridays is extending the celebration to some restaurants here in the U.S.

The drones will hover over couples and when they kiss under the floating mistletoe, they are awarded special gift cards to continue their holiday merriment. No kiss, no gift card, so guests better prepare to pucker up.

"At Fridays, we decided to put a little extra "happy" into the holidays by rolling out the Mobile Mistletoe this December," said Brian Gies, chief marketing officer, TGI Fridays. "We're inviting friends to get together to enjoy a more spirited holiday season inspired by a little Mobile Mistletoe mischief. If guests show a little love under the mistletoe, Fridays might just show them a little love with some nice holiday gifts."

As the first singles bar, Fridays knows a thing or two about what makes a successful couple, so they were surprised to find how few adults had actually kissed under the mistletoe. Everyone can get involved on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook; couples will be chosen at random to receive their own gift cards when they include a dedicated photo of a smooch under the mistletoe and the hashtag #happyfridayholiday.

About TGI Fridays

As the original casual dining bar and grill, TGI Fridays offers authentic American food and legendary drinks, served with genuine personal service. Bringing people together to socialize and celebrate the freeing and liberating spirit of "Friday" was the concept's founding premise, from which the brand promise "In Here, It's Always Friday®" was born. To share that social Fridays experience all over the world, TGI Fridays proudly serves guests with over 900 restaurants in more than 60 countries. Making every day feel like a Friday wouldn't be possible without creating a place where friends feel free to get together. That's why TGI Fridays takes pride in its nearly 8,000 skilled and knowledgeable bartenders, all of whom for the past twenty years have competed annually for the title of the "World's Greatest TGI Fridays Bartender."

The Fridays guest recognition program, Give Me More Stripes®, gives Fridays' closest friends exclusive insider rewards, special event access, and menu sneak peeks, and is not only the first loyalty program of its kind in the industry, but one of the most progressive.

TGI Fridays believes in having a good time, but also in the importance of drinking responsibly. Additionally, its Responsible Business Program is focused on positively impacting the communities it serves. For more information, visit http://www.fridays.com or follow us on Twitter at @TGIFridays.

Video - http://origin-qps.onstreammedia.com/ori ... 1203-1.mp4
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20141203/162068

I think this is a very positive use of the quadcopter and to see a DJI Phantom flying is great. Although I do wonder how loud it must be?

This has to be right up there in the top 10 stupid things to do with a drone. I can't imagine the liability that comes along with that stunt. If you really wanted to carry out this crazy plan at least use a parrot with the foam prop surrounds. Just thinking about the noise and wind would negate it... imagine the napkins blowing off the table, the ladies hair blowing around. I can only imagine it was brought up in a meeting as a joke and some fool thought "yeah! What great idea!" :roll:

LuvMyTJ said:
This has to be right up there in the top 10 stupid things to do with a drone. I can't imagine the liability that comes along with that stunt. If you really wanted to carry out this crazy plan at least use a parrot with the foam prop surrounds. Just thinking about the noise and wind would negate it... imagine the napkins blowing off the table, the ladies hair blowing around. I can only imagine it was brought up in a meeting as a joke and some fool thought "yeah! What great idea!" :roll:

Your thoughts above make me think the whole TGI Fridays was conceived as a joke..etc.. Don't mean it can't work.. Time will tell just who has fell and who's been left behind, dylan..

I still want to be the first to make a movie, picture this.. a large crowd, perhaps a music concert, rock and roll, or Burning Man and all these people standing around having a good time when out of the night sky a hexacopter, a really big one like 20' diameter drops into the crowd and just starts chopping off heads... Then maybe have a bunch of sharks dive in and eat the bodies..

I copywrite the above and I expect to receive royalites, ya hear me hollywood.

Just what we need, a 3 lb piece of plastic, metal and lipo battery falling on someone's head

So dumb to fly those right over people and indoors... staggeringly stupid.

If you are flying indoors the CAA don't care, as indoors isn't classed as airspace :)

Well, that didn't take long:

http://www.brooklyndaily.com/storie...ster-at-tgifridays-2014-12-12-bk_2014_50.html

If I'm reading the article correctly, the smaller drone (hubsan x4 style?) is the one responsible for nailing the photographer in the face. The 6 bladed Flamewheel however, flown indoors just a few feet from the ceiling and right over patrons heads... sweet jesus.

The stupid part was having one land in the reporter's hand. WHAT??????

Well, other than doing it at all. THAT was the really stupid part.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20