IMU Calibration

Had mine in the fridge for 10 min, startup took like 10 seconds this time, yay.
Get any condensation? I did mine in my vehicle with the a/c on max for about 20 mins. Was only able to get down to the low 50's. Thought about fridge but was worried about the condensate.

Just do fridge for 10 min, at least that way at all altitudes your p3 is calibrated well.

Get any condensation? I did mine in my vehicle with the a/c on max for about 20 mins. Was only able to get down to the low 50's. Thought about fridge but was worried about the condensate.

Well, I have a sub zero, very little condensation in my fridge... The condensation comes after you take it out, but it was just a slight haze. Nothing to be worried about. I wouldn't do it on a rainy day after I had my windows open, or a foggy day with windows open.

Well, I have a sub zero, very little condensation in my fridge... The condensation comes after you take it out, but it was just a slight haze. Nothing to be worried about. I wouldn't do it on a rainy day after I had my windows open, or a foggy day with windows open.
It's not in the fridge where you get condensation, it's when you take it out and the room temp air hits it. Science 101 man, lol. o_O Also subzero is just a marketing brand. All of today's fridges/freezers are capable of sub zero temps.:)

well yea all fridges can get to sub zero, but a Sub Zero branded fridge is supposed to be better at maintaining steady temps and conditions to maintain your food better, whatever, its not like I actually paid for the fridge, it came with the ridiculously expensive tiny condo.

I'm wondering if the calibration for the pressure sensors on a Blade 350QX3 would apply here? I also did this to calibrate my cheap eBay gimbal's IMU.

Place the unit inside the FREEZER for 10-20 minutes. Remove, place on flat surface and begin calibration process immediately. It calibrates as the sensor warms and gives data over the widest range.

After I did this, my acceleromters,IMUs, and Barometer sensors worked swimmingly !

Just a thought

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl