Impressed with this cheap headlight kit.

I zip tied on 4 small led flashlights orientated straight down for no other reason than just because. Was able to fly with no problem. Battery time was reduced noticeably by about half due to the extra weight.
6f22cb1117d0baa20d371102f93770f5.jpg
a61b74f51f7ac931b9746e6c2b4b88b5.jpg
9b193fc07b1cfdb5872383b12d0297e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

So you think that this can effect the callibration/compass ? Is this based on experience or are there threads about this ?
I have no clue, it was just my first thought, adding the metal brackets, the flash lights and the batterys could it effect the compass.

Rod

So you think that this can effect the callibration/compass ? Is this based on experience or are there threads about this ?
That's exactly the same thing I thought of when I research doing something similar on mine. Even a small amount of metal can mess with your compass sensor and you have a good size flashlight with brackets and looks to be within less than 1 inch of the sensor. It definitely has to mess with it, there's no way it would not.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have no clue, it was just my first thought, adding the metal brackets, the flash lights and the batterys could it effect the compass.

Rod
That's very good heads up, you are completely correct any metal will screw with your compass sensor if close enough to it in relation to metal mass.

By chance if you have a old-fashioned compass, might work with a digital one too. Set it down on a stable surface and then take your flashlight and bring it near the compass you will be astonished at the movement of the compass from your metal flashlight. Personally I would remove the one on the side of the compass sensor, and then you would need to do a compass calibration with whatever you decide to go with, as any metal you add to your drone especially in that area will effect the compass accuracy.

Last edited:
Affect - Effect !! Dutchie :))))
Funny, no it's called a typo.
Why not say "THANK YOU" for answering your question and trying to be helpful, instead of pointing out that one vowel was wrong in one word of an entire paragraph. YOUR WELCOME. I have to keep reminding myself there's immature people on this forum.

Last edited:
It's not a typo when it's is several of your posts, nor is it a big deal other than someone took the time to politely correct the grammar, as the word you are using (repetitively) has a quite different meaning. Thought you'd prefer to know.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

It's not a typo when it's is several of your posts, nor is it a big deal other than someone took the time to politely correct the grammar, as the word you are using (repetitively) has a quite different meaning. Thought you'd prefer to know.

Completely disagree with your self-righteousness to correct someone's typo. It would be one thing if that person made a passing comment and then replied to the fact that I answered their question and gave them some details concerning their issue, but no they simply corrected a typo and left it at that. You will also see that that original post was made from a cell phone just as this one is, meaning I'm using voice to text recognition and not typing out my reply. And as such voice recognition software isn't perfect, it gives you words that have the same pronunciation or similar and not the word intended. And while I scan my post quickly before hitting send, I'm not going to sit there and look word by word for one misplace vowel. Now you can add yourself to the list of people that are posting something having nothing whatsoever to do with this thread and have nothing at all to contribute to the subject matter.

Ok William, you are correct, so sorry you took feedback so poorly when more than one of us pointed out something that was incorrect several times making it apparent you didn't know, and was not a typo as you were dictating. Peace

How are you all routing the wires ?...and remember there is no such thing as a dumb Q. :) I just want to be carful with my $1500 flying camera.

Yeah. The one with the big red wire coming off of the back of it. LOL
The wires inside of my drone are both black. I just put the red wire to the top because of the way the connection was soldered, that was the way it fit on the drone's battery terminal flush with the wires coming off to the side.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94