IMPORTANT: DJI Go app 2.50/2.51 enables GEO functionality

It does not work. I have tried it. It's part of the infrastructure that Apple used to ensure you don't share purchased programs.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Correct, if you do not have a backup of the older version, you are toast.

I just tried my P3P at my marina in the lounge, it is located within the 30NM of the Reichstag and....

On the update Go App and Firmware the motors start! Of course I did not fly, legally I cannot fly, not until these lawsuits win but that is another thread.

I will fly up at Fort Armistead and over at Brookbay park today.

Note - no issue with the P2V+ either. Did not expect any.

Well we knew it was coming !! This sucks if you haven't learned how to really fly! Ditch the P3 what ever and build you a unit that you can fly manually.
Keep cool my dear friend.

I have the 2.3.0 for apple, but I don't have 2.4.3. Does anyone have a link to where we can download the 2.4.3 DJI GO application? From my understanding, if you connect to your P3, it's too late, for the information is now stored on the P3 or the RC. So far, I have yet to connect, so I should be good to delete the current 2.5.0 version, and then install the 2.4.3 version and then download my flights from the cloud. It's too bad that DJI tried to sneak this trojan horse onto our machines without our prior knowledge!

Again, PLEASE post where we can download version 2.4.3 for IOS. (The .ipa file)

Thank you so much!!!

Thank you so much!!!

Unfortunately you cannot share .ipa files. All apps are tied to an account from Apple. It was tested on another forum. Read back a page or 2 a fix was posted.

The following has been posted on RCGroups as a fix for those having NFZ issues.. It seems to have been a server side error..

1. Please connect mobile device to the Internet.
2. Turn on craft and should be on P-GPS mode, please make sure craft has solid GPS lock.
3. Please make sure that RC and mobile device is connected to craft..
Wait for 1-5 min, and try to reboot the App to check.

Repost

It will not work without a Jailbroken IPAD. If you want to run an older version the only routes are jailbroken IPAD or Android.

Does anyone have the step-by-step instructions with the process of how to exactly delete 2.5.0 and install the 2.4.3 on an IOS device. (Specifically an Apple iPhone 6S Plus)

I appreciate all your help!

Thank you!

I have the 2.3.0 for apple, but I don't have 2.4.3. Does anyone have a link to where we can download the 2.4.3 DJI GO application? From my understanding, if you connect to your P3, it's too late, for the information is now stored on the P3 or the RC. So far, I have yet to connect, so I should be good to delete the current 2.5.0 version, and then install the 2.4.3 version and then download my flights from the cloud. It's too bad that DJI tried to sneak this trojan horse onto our machines without our prior knowledge!

Thank you so much!!!
If you haven't sync'd with iTunes since the app auto updated to 2.5, you can try to delete 2.5 on your device and then sync with iTunes and reinstall the 2.4 app. If 2.4 is what was installed the last time you sync'd, you should be able to get it back that way. I've done this with other apps a few times in the past.

If you have sync'd with 2.5, the older 2.4 would likely still be in your recycle bin where you can get it and use it to reinstall 2.4.

If you haven't sync'd with iTunes since the app auto updated to 2.5, you can try to delete 2.5 on your device and then sync with iTunes and reinstall the 2.4 app. If 2.4 is what was installed the last time you sync'd, you should be able to get it back that way. I've done this with other apps a few times in the past.

So even if I have the 2.4.3 ipa, that I just downloaded, I will be unable to delete 2.5.0 and then install the 2.4.3? And yes, last night I synched my iPhone with iTunes, so I guess I am out of luck as they say. BUMMER!!!!

So even if I have the 2.4.3 ipa, that I just downloaded, I will be unable to delete 2.5.0 and then install the 2.4.3? And yes, last night I synched my iPhone with iTunes, so I guess I am out of luck as they say. BUMMER!!!!
Thats actually opposite of what I said. Note however if by "just downloaded 2.4" you mean from another user, you wont be able to use that file unless you have their Apple id.

Are you working with a Jailbroken device? If not, did you have 2.4.3 in your iTunes? If so, you may be able to go back to it provided you haven't synced it since you installed 2.5.0.

WHAT ARE WE ALL TO DO? I have a helipad less than half a mile from my house for the local hospital in a very small town. They might get 5 flights a month. I just don't want to be BLOCKED from flying without having to drive into the country. I downloaded the B4UFLY app, and I am still in the yellow and they request that I contact the tower if one is available. There is no tower or contact number for the helipad.

I currently have 2.4.3 on my iPhone 6S and a iTunes backup. Is it possible to install 2.4.3 on my iPad if it uses the same Apple ID? I haven't installed the DJI GO app yet on my iPad. Just got my P3P and only flown one time on the 2.4.3 app and base firmware on the drone (believe it is 1.4.10).

Summary please.... Let's assume that I have 2.5 DJI Go and 1.6 on my Phantom 3...

So if I live in a Red, No-Fly zone; I can not authorize the flight and proceed?

Is the consensus that if you are in a Red Zone, you are simply grounded and can't fly no matter what?

Correct.

Summary please.... Let's assume that I have 2.5 DJI Go and 1.6 on my Phantom 3...

So if I live in a Red, No-Fly zone; I can not authorize the flight and proceed?

Is the consensus that if you are in a Red Zone, you are simply grounded and can't fly no matter what?

Ok this thread is getting confusing. If I'm getting this right:
-The beta geo maps with yellow circles have now turned into appropriately sized red ones.
-Takeoff is prevented within these red circles.
-Installing beta 1.7 allows you to unlock these zones.

Is all of this true? Sorry this thread is just crazy.

This is correct. It's a bug caused by the app version getting ahead of the firmware version. The new app turns on the feature in the 1.6 firmware but doesn't have the mechanism available yet to unlock them. One thing to note, it is my understanding that the 1.7 beta is currently for Android users not iOS users.

Once we can all move to 1.7 firmware it will behave correctly, the yellow circles will be yellow (instead of red as they are when this bug is in effect) and you will be able to unlock with a credit card.

The following has been posted on RCGroups as a fix for those having NFZ issues.. It seems to have been a server side error..

1. Please connect mobile device to the Internet.
2. Turn on craft and should be on P-GPS mode, please make sure craft has solid GPS lock.
3. Please make sure that RC and mobile device is connected to craft..
Wait for 1-5 min, and try to reboot the App to check.

This did not work yesterday. It might work now that DJI has supposedly done something with their servers. Will try again and report back.

It looks like DJI has fixed this on the server side. You will need to connect to the P3, wait for a few minutes and then kill and restart the app. Please report your results.
Well, the map has changed. Now It's worse, There are red circles all over the country. some how there is "red free" area around my home location. so i can fly again. go figure...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl