IMPORTANT: DJI Go app 2.50/2.51 enables GEO functionality

Yes NFZ zones shown by DJI App cover a lot including hospitals and other important places. Surprisingly even AMA recognized flying site is also under NFZ by DJI app :)

I can't get the total map as it limits to about 50 miles display only.

View attachment 40112

That's a massive no fly zone around concord etc. Your location is littered. Horrible really. My app updated automatically on android, but in Aus there is very few airports (small ones aren't in NFZ, nor are hospitals - and I know which ones have heli-pads as I work there).

I just updated DJI App
db7ee5fd985e48c160297a021ff4879b_original.png

I live 1.4 miles from a Hospital that has two helicopter landing pads and I have no RED around it on map, two small airports are also not listed, the only "RED" is the big regional airports, as they should be, looks like I won't lose any sleep over the update than......

Last edited:
That's a massive no fly zone around concord etc. Your location is littered. Horrible really. My app updated automatically on android, but in Aus there is very few airports (small ones aren't in NFZ, nor are hospitals - and I know which ones have heli-pads as I work there).
You can turn this off.
However I aren't certain the app maker can't somehow over-ride that setting with 'good' reason or even disable what you have installed now to force you to update.
They are clearly aware the new geofencing is so deeply unpopular that anything to do with it must be installed by stealth.

Reactions: jock1017
I installed today and when I started it displays "Approaching No Fly Zone". I HAD NEVER SEEN THIS MESSAGE BEFORE.

DJI IS TOTALLY SILENT ABOUT THIS CHANGE ON DJI GO APP 2.5. WHY???????????

View attachment 40107

View attachment 40108

View attachment 40109

I don't see any place to fly now, I am trapped.
Nope, that was there the last Go update with 1.6 - or at least that's the first time I've noted it. I also got this nice, seasonally appropriate RED RED RED GREEN GREEN flash of the indicator lights on the drone. I have a couple of posts last week or so about this. Haven't had the time to fly this week and when I did we had 50 kph winds so I don't know if that has changed much. Nobody else seems to have noticed it. I guess I'm special....

And now that I think about it a bit - there is no reason why they would have to update the app to get this info. It could have been in there for weeks or months and now they've turned it on - just downloaded info that they did not do before. If DJI continues to sneak crap in a couple of things will happen. Nobody in the know will update and they're going to have some really pissed customers.

I was considered an Inspire in the upcoming months - I doubt that will happen.

Reactions: Apilot101
Get the 2.4.3 APK from one of your other devices, delete 2.5, & install the older version. Disable auto-updating of apps. I learned this lesson way back with the Vision+ when an update bombed my DJI app rendering my video feed a green screen.
I have the update available also. So if you update the app it will force u to update the bird or is all that new crap just on the app?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you are using Android open Google Play, go to Settings, & Disable Auto Update Apps. I seriously wish Google would let you specify this for INDIVIDUAL apps rather than a blanket all-or-nothing like it works now.

Note if you do this you'll need to occasionally open Google Play > My Apps & manually update your other apps one-by-one. Annoying but its the only way to prevent DJI Go from auto-updating.

How does one turn off their "auto update" function?

If you are using Android open Google Play, go to Settings, & Disable Auto Update Apps. I seriously wish Google would let you specify this for INDIVIDUAL apps rather than a blanket all-or-nothing like it works now.

Note if you do this you'll need to occasionally open Google Play > My Apps & manually update your other apps one-by-one. Annoying but its the only way to prevent DJI Go from auto-updating.

From here:

"If you want to control the behavior of all of the apps on your smartphone or tablet, head to the front page of the Play Store app, open up the main menu and tap Settings. Choose Auto-update apps from the menu and select Do not auto-update apps. Apps will now no longer install new versions without asking you first, and this applies to everything currently installed on your device.

If you want to single out one app in particular—maybe you've taken umbrage against its recent slew of new features—then you need to head into the individual app page on the Play Store, which you can do from theMy apps link on the menu or by running a search. Tap the menu button (three vertical dots) from the app's own page and you'll see an Auto-update option, which you can then disable."

Interesting. Thank you I will check that out!

From here:

"If you want to control the behavior of all of the apps on your smartphone or tablet, head to the front page of the Play Store app, open up the main menu and tap Settings. Choose Auto-update apps from the menu and select Do not auto-update apps. Apps will now no longer install new versions without asking you first, and this applies to everything currently installed on your device.

If you want to single out one app in particular—maybe you've taken umbrage against its recent slew of new features—then you need to head into the individual app page on the Play Store, which you can do from theMy apps link on the menu or by running a search. Tap the menu button (three vertical dots) from the app's own page and you'll see an Auto-update option, which you can then disable."

I'm staying 2.4.3 until I get a handle on what else is lurking in 2.5.

I get NFZ warning on 2.4.3 and 1.3.20 but no other surprises.

No doubt the Go App freeflyzone database has been expanded upon.

Last edited:
On the Android side is quite easy to side load (not trough the official Play Store) older versions of any app.
I fear than on ios to do that you probably need to have root access to the device (called "jailbreak"), so ios user pay attention if and when update apps!

On iOS 9.2, Setting>iTunes & App Stores>Automatic Downloads>Apps. Turn the slider off.
I found this morning that my iPhone 6+ had automatically updated to GO 2.5.0. Fired up the P3A to try it and got "No Signal". Shut down the app and restarted it and the app crashed immediately. Repeated with same result. So I deleted 2.5.0 and restored 2.4.3 from iTunes backup and am back in business.
And of course I turned off automatic updates on the iPhone.

They can do this but ever since the first version they misspelled the "Hybrid" map layer and I told them but it still isn't fixed. So they can do this but they cannot perform a spellcheck. Confidence much? :rolleyes:

There was a flag for the update on my iPhone today, I ran the update on it but since I normally use the iPad Mini on the Phantom I will not update that one. I can compare both versions over the next two weeks.

We are about to move the boat closer to the house and the new marina is outside the 30NM from the Reichtstag so I can test the two versions over the next two weeks out on the water as well.

On iOS 9.2, Setting>iTunes & App Stores>Automatic Downloads>Apps. Turn the slider off.
I found this morning that my iPhone 6+ had automatically updated to GO 2.5.0. Fired up the P3A to try it and got "No Signal". Shut down the app and restarted it and the app crashed immediately. Repeated with same result. So I deleted 2.5.0 and restored 2.4.3 from iTunes backup and am back in business.
And of course I turned off automatic updates on the iPhone.

Was it a full encrypt ITunes backup that gave you back 2.4.3?

I regret moving to IOS9.x and having to resort to the whole JB thing as future insurance...

It would seem that an iTunes backup/restore is the last saving grace.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl