Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

immersion rc 2.4 ghz fpv transmitter setup with fc40

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Discussion' started by chaghal, Oct 29, 2014.

1. chaghal

i want to use an immersionrc 2.4ghz fpv transmitter on my fc40 with go pro 3 black and walkera gimbal, little bit lost as i keep hearing about lots of issues i am mainly concerned about, really keen to hear from anyone using similar setup -

(i) interference to others , the immersion kicks out either 25/700mw will this causes issues? i only fly rural , also i have heard people say the vibrations in flying will affect the signal, is this true
    (ii) a decent but cheap reciever, will any reciever work and does it automatically lock onto the signal, i am keen to upgrade to tplink or similar antenna, any suggestions for a good quality but affordable entry level reciever or lcd all in one unit?
    (iii) will the immersion weigh me down even more, really concerned about weight i have 4000mah battery, wider landing gear and am spraying case, the immersion and cables will probably weigh me down a further 50g

thanks for any info or suggestions

2. pert

I run a 5.8 600 vtx with sony camera, mobius with gimbal , 4000 mah , fusuno CF landing gear, and a 3s 850 mah to power the fpv gear, with 9450 props, @ over1400 g . I get 10 mins flight, flies great with this set up, use fatshark goggles ,with dx8 tx, I went with the 5.8 fpv gear, more choice plus all my other 250s use the same gear, im sure you could do it 2.4 with no problem, get your self a set of 9450 props, yes you can, :D