camera knocks out my gps on my fc40?

Reaction score
I got this fc40 back in november and have been having a good time with it. I upgtraded the props, got a few more batteries and have had a lot of fun with it.
A buddy of mine recommended that I get a FPV setup for this and figured it was about time. I grabbed a
ccd camera (usmile 650tvl drone racing camera), switchable vtx (wholfwhoop Q3 switchable transmitter-25ma, 50ma, 200ma, 500ma), and soldered the battery leads to the phantom's battery leads on the main board. It works for the most part, but after a minute, I lose gps and the drone with go dead and attempt to return to home. If i switch it out of gps mode, I can usually regain control of it fairly quickly. I have very little experience with this stuff and kind of pieced it together from what I see a lot of racers use on their racing setups. I am wondering if my transmitter is pulling too many volts every once in a while and making the phantom think the battery is getting low? I am using RHCP antennas. maybe thats an issue? My flight times have dramatically been reduced also. any help appreciated. thanks.

I’m guessing that the fpv is 5.8ghz and so is the transmitter/ receiver on the quad and it’s interfering. I think the P1 was 2.4ghz so could be used with 5.8ghz fpv equipment

as you mention Is the Drone sensing the extra load and it gets confused at the battery level?
so it returns home, can you strap a secondary power source to the drone to run the camera, to test this ?

as you mention Is the Drone sensing the extra load and it gets confused at the battery level?
so it returns home, can you strap a secondary power source to the drone to run the camera, to test this ?
I have thought about doing that. I just havent had the time yet. too many projects...
I swear the dji uses 2.4g to fly. But I could be wrong.

The FC40 uses 5.8 GHz for the radio so you can only use a 2.4 GHZ FPV setup. If you use 5.8 GHZ for FPV those signals will interfere with each other.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart