Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Im opening a can of worms. Antenna orientation .

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by capodrone81, Jan 7, 2015.

1. capodrone81

Ive recently purchased some ibcrazy cicular bluebeam antenna for the tx and rx. Now my question is on the tx when installing the antenna should it point up or down.

Also wanted to know best position for oem controller stock antenna position some say horizontal some say vertical 90 degress.

I have read and watched online videos regarding antenna patterns and although I have a good idea what the answer is ik sure someone is already runing the same setup as me and knows whats best.

2. TeamYankee

With a circular polarized IBcrazy antenna - up or down does not matter as long as the polarization on either antenna is either left or right handed.
    Don't point the antenna at the Phantom - is should be "side on" to the phantom - either up, down or even sideways at a pinch.
    A typical circular polarized antenna has a null point above and below it...

[​IMG]

The stock TX antenna orientation should be vertical.. the receiver antennas are vertically mounted in the legs.

3. capodrone81

you lost me at side on :lol:

on the phantom tx i was planning on mounting across the belly away from compass pointing down (towards me on ground while flying in air) Good?

and on the fpv receiver i was just installing straight on to top of fpv unit. good?

4. dptcalvin

See my thread here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=32798

QYV and Tony from fpvlr.com confirmed this is the best position to mount the transmitter:

[​IMG]

In this orientation, the antenna is side opposite to the compass and does not block the P2's battery for removal.

5. PhantomFanatic

It looks not that much different from a dipole antenna.

6. capodrone81

BEST post!

you explained when where why and how. and answered the question perfectly. Thank you! :!: :idea: :mrgreen: