I'm grounded.....

Cheers Quad , the range is still good l was just getting a little greedy [emoji2] was hoping to get it past 1.2 km before it returns home , that’s it’s best distance so far , so certainly not to be frowned at compared to my standard .

Yes, your reply makes sense with systems that are connected to the internet. Ours are not. Running fine for years....

As far Litchi goes it's around 25$ and I would need 4 purchases I assume, for each drone....not sure I want to do that yet. Will do if I find no other solution. After spending $$ a lot with DJI I'm reluctant to continue investing in there products or wasting a lot time fixing issues etc. DJI imposes to many changes and creates a lot of frustration among they clients as complaints proliferate the forums. I'm already looking into open source projects or DJI hacks that install alternative firmware in the controller etc.

Reactions: quaddamage
Give it up and get rid of it ! Get a mavic air! You’ll never waste time again!

Iam sorry to hear you guys are having so many issues , lam running the latest updates on my p3a and touch wood it’s going great , l use a iPad mini4 , sick of Samsung crap always giving problems , hope l don’t need to eat my words but for now all going well ..

Same here Aussie. I keep everything on my quad up to date and have never had any issues with software or hardware. Just amazes me how many people have issues and I have had none since I bought it and have over 300 flights on it.

Reactions: Aussie markD1969
Heres's quick update:
I uninstalled the latest DJI Go 4 and DJI Go app which both were causing issues. I removed all apps that could be removed from my tablet. I Installed "No Root Firewall" Downloaded DJI Go 2.4.3 and Installed it. You need to allow internet access for installation but right after I blocked it with the firewall. Turned airplane mode on.

When out on location everything worked perfectly, no weird update warnings, no signal loss, no failed camera streaming, no issues with locally cashed video files, no grounded flights. My Phantom flew wonderfully without issue like the day I bought it. I now keep in my download folder a backup of the DJI Go 2.4.3 app just in case. Later I will write up a full report including my firmware versions and device rooting so as to a have "Kit" that I can fall back on in case I experience any issues in the future.

The only issue I haven't yet figured out is that when I first ran the DJI Go 2.4.3 app Google maps loaded but wouldn't cache the maps even though I had offline maps downloaded in the Google Maps app. After restarting the DJI Go app, Google Maps didn't load at all. I've tried turning the firewall on and off but to no avail. Any tips here would be appreciated.

At least the bird is flying again!

Update. So Since I did the above I have never had any issues anymore my bird fly's every time I go out. No more groundings due to updates. As soon as I have more time I will post detail instructions on how to revert back the app and firmware.

Last edited:
Heres's quick update:
I uninstalled the latest DJI Go 4 and DJI Go app which both were causing issues. I removed all apps that could be removed from my tablet. I Installed "No Root Firewall" Downloaded DJI Go 2.4.3 and Installed it. You need to allow internet access for installation but right after I blocked it with the firewall. Turned airplane mode on.

When out on location everything worked perfectly, no weird update warnings, no signal loss, no failed camera streaming, no issues with locally cashed video files, no grounded flights. My Phantom flew wonderfully without issue like the day I bought it. I now keep in my download folder a backup of the DJI Go 2.4.3 app just in case. Later I will write up a full report including my firmware versions and device rooting so as to a have "Kit" that I can fall back on in case I experience any issues in the future.

The only issue I haven't yet figured out is that when I first ran the DJI Go 2.4.3 app Google maps loaded but wouldn't cache the maps even though I had offline maps downloaded in the Google Maps app. After restarting the DJI Go app, Google Maps didn't load at all. I've tried turning the firewall on and off but to no avail. Any tips here would be appreciated.

At least the bird is flying again!
Go 2.4.3
RC 1.5
Aircraft 1.7.6 is the combination I use. I also patched mine to remove DJIs limits. I dont need a nanny.
I recently purchased and installed an amped antenna and have had too much rain to test it like I want.
Glad your back in the air.

I can't fly my P3P anymore, and here's why: I went to fly it the other day, and upon turning everything on the DJI Go app tells me that an update was needed. So I did it. Followed the DJI tutorials and everything went smoothly and without a hitch. And I thought "Great!", because so far my experience with this drone has been spectacular. It's worked like a charm right out of the box. Until now. I think I've got a total of an hour or so of airtime on it. Now, I can go through the regular first steps and it connects just fine, video and everything. Then about 10 to 20 seconds later, the aircraft simply disconnects and the gimbal gives a twitch every few seconds. Every time. And it won't connect again no matter what I do. I have to shut it all down and wait an hour or so and then I can repeat the sequence. All day long. There's no way I can fly it when it's doing this. What's up? After a so-called update, my $700 drone is basically a brick with fancy blinking LEDs. And it used to work so bitchen. What do I do now?
Here are the particulars:
App is at 3.1.18
Aircraft is at 1.11.20
Remote is at 1.9.3
Using an iPad mini 2
Thanks.
be sure to do all updates. be sure on the rc your running p3a , or p3p fw what ever bird you have. force reload fw on the bird if you have to. fw can get dirty or corrupt somtimes.

Go 2.4.3
RC 1.5
Aircraft 1.7.6 is the combination I use. I also patched mine to remove DJIs limits. I dont need a nanny.
I recently purchased and installed an amped antenna and have had too much rain to test it like I want.
Glad your back in the air.

thanks for the tip. I'm not sure what firmware my aircraft has, since I reverted back the app it does't show or I havn't found where in the sub menus.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures