Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. BigPig

I'm getting bored with flying in the same two or three open fields. I don't have a lot of flying experience under my belt but I'm still getting bored. I see a lot of you guys talk about flying every day almost. What types of things do you do to keep from getting bored. This is just a hobby for me so far. I don't have a job in video or photography like some of you do. Right now I'm flying for fun and just want to make some cool videos and learn to fly really well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Ramphex

Find some sightseeing areas not far away and go exploring. Bridges, railroads, abandoned buildings, "ghost towns", the list of things goes on.

3. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Try going to local points of interest if they are safe to fly. I have filmed a local waterfalls, a civil war memorial, etc. Water is always an interesting topic, streams, rivers, lakes or the ocean... also geographical things like mountains or valleys. There is a whole world out there to capture! :)

4. Ramphex

Agreed. Practicing flying in the fields will make you a good pilot which will come in handy when shooting sightseeing points of interests.

5. Sinisalo

get a backpack and go on some hikes, you are sure to get some good footage that way.

6. BDOG

Use Google Earth to drop down and get a view of areas that are around your area.

PhotoGuyAaron, ringolong and Ramphex like this.
  7. snerd

I got bored the last 3 months, haven't flown at all til last 2 days. But I saw the new Yuneec Typhoon H and pre-ordered it immediately! No time for the doldrums in this day and age!!

8. Ramphex

What about it turns you on? Just to tinker with a new product or something specific.

9. snerd

Yeah, pretty much. And it has retractable landing gear, a 360 camera and is a hex-copter. Seems like it's aimed kinda at the Inspire, almost.

10. Ramphex

I'm the same way lol. Hope I never have the urge to get an inspire, a bit too pricey.... But I also felt the same about phantoms and now have a P4 :grinning:

11. Leenanj

I here ya, I have not ordered a H yet, just waiting to see some reviews from first time buyers.
    It looks like an Inspire at the price of a Phantom.

12. normr

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

13. Kman

Explore new areas. Look up places on Instagram.

14. Fallguy

How about get more involved with the editing side of it ? Try new programs , new transitions , etc . Sometimes I find this more enjoyable learning new tricks.
    Another thing , try the Litchi App and all it has to offer .

15. philmarker

This hobby is not meant for everyone. I have been flying rc for over 20 years and it's still awesome each time. I could care less about the videos or pictures. I fly because I enjoy flying(expecially fpv with headset). Everything else melts away, it's meditative. Anything to do with aviation and I'm in.

Seems like a lot of people buying phantoms and similar products use it as a camera platform. For example, many people love playing sports. I find sports extremely boring and repetitive. Before their were phantoms, people flew rc for the enjoyment of flight alone..Jmo.

landed, Barnero, chiupolini and 2 others like this.
  16. snowghost

I bought the Phantom for both the camera and flying experience. The after flight video review enhances the flying experience you just had. When I have more time I will mess with video editing.

chiupolini and Fitcherama like this.
  17. RyanHK

Yeah, I agree with you on this one. It took me a bit longer to get bored with just flying, but I am there now. Now I primarily think of the Phantom as a flying camera and am constantly thinking of new places to take it. I live in Asia so I travel with it all over the place to get cool shots. The good thing about "getting bored" is that is sort of relaxes you about the prospect of losing your drone and allows you to try to get shots you might not have tried before. (not advocating dangerous shots). I also agree with the comments that say you should pick up some good video editing software. You would be amazed what a little editing and music will do for your creativity when shooting in the field. You will start to move on from the idea that every shot has to be a long awesome shot and start thinking of those 3 seconds you captured in your last run.

Fallguy likes this.
  18. Justgregg

Come to Colorado with ur phantom. You wont be bored here....

maseman88, BigPig and eBird like this.
  19. snerd

I may do just that! We have a huge National Wildlife Refuge near here, just waiting to have some killer videos made on it. But we cannot fly in Federal Parks!! It is beyond ridiculous!

20. gtpark

Send it my way, I will return it when I get bored.

Mark C. and dirtybum like this.