I'm desperate for the Headplay HD FPV goggles

We need an objective shoot out review of the Sony versus headplay HDs. However paying that much for Sony goggles, about the same as it costs to buy a phantom, it just seems wrong.

I think as of right now for September 2015 --- the two best FPV goggles on the market for P3P and Inspire 1 are the Headplay HD and Sony HMZ-T3W. Both are capable of 720p that the Lightbridge live video can offer, but I wish they would design some kind of wireless HDMI option to avoid being tethered to the controller (for spectators to enjoy the goggles as well).

However, with the retail price on the Sony being $1000 and the Headplays being $250, I think we see the clear winner for 99% of us who dont have last name of Gates or Buffett or Zuckerberg. :p

Rich guy spending aside --- I would love to see a very thorough and objective comparison test between the 2 goggles posted on YouTube --- any takers? :eek:

Jasonb777, those Sonys look like they come with 2 boxes for attachment to hdmi. How are you connecting to the P3? Do you need both boxes to connect?

Just an FYI FPV goggles are not corrective eyewear friendly.
So with my reading glasses I need about 16 to 18 inches away to read clearly. So am I pretty much out of luck for the headplay? I am far sighted so anything closer is just blurry. My reading glasses are just off the shelf from the store.

Anybody can tell me what FPV goggles I could get? Sony?

Jasonb777, those Sonys look like they come with 2 boxes for attachment to hdmi. How are you connecting to the P3? Do you need both boxes to connect?
No, the bigger box is one you would use indoors to connect your tv, blue ray, playstation, etc. It has various hdmi ports and it will connect wireless to the goggles. The small box you have a short cable attached to is actually the battery for the goggles, and it offers the hdmi input.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl