If you just purchased a brand new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 READ!

Re: If you just purchased a brand new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 R

djsydvicious said:
Translation... I need to Man Up and crack her open. LOL

If I open her up, I might as well do some Mods while open. Perhaps add a Flytrex

Thanks.

Opening her up is the best way to be sure. The yellow markings as stated above by burlbark are not always present. They only started doing this (allegedly) fairly recently. So there is still every chance you have a 2.1 ESC, but you will have to open it to find out. As I mentioned previously the serial number of my drone starts 646 which as of yet, nobody else has reported which I find very odd. There must be a lot of stock still in distribution channels.

the latest have a single solid wire.

Eltrochaphantom said:
burlbark said:
Here are some pics of the flexible wire in place.

Jeremy James

So basically what you did was cut the wires as soon as they come out of the motor and replace the rest with thicker wires right? If so can u give me a link preferably in amazon where I can buy the wires

Thanks

Buy your wire off ebay. Its the cheapest source I found.

Eltrochaphantom said:
So basically what you did was cut the wires as soon as they come out of the motor and replace the rest with thicker wires right? If so can u give me a link preferably in amazon where I can buy the wires

Thanks

Technically the answer is no but with an explanation. And Jeremy correct me if I am wrong. He cut the solid (not very flexible) wires shortly after they leave the motor. He then soldered (?) on stranded (more flexible) wires and heat shrinked the connections with color matched material I might add, very clean!! Then he soldered the newly connected flexible wire at the ESC.

What I am not sure of is how the connection was made at the solid/flexible junction. Is it soldered? The picture is blurry.

And since I do not have the time or patience to read this entire thread, what does the motor/ESC compatibility matrix look like? Cause it seems if the new motors are compatible with the old ESCs, one would want to do this mod when attaching the motor wires if installing the new motors on a v2 P2V+

Hi All

I'm a new owner of a P2V+ and I thought I would check the ESC's before I begin any flying. I'm glad to say I have the v2.1 sticker on the boards and the yellow dot on the caps which was mentioned elsewhere. One thing I should add though, I have white glue type substance (hot glue?) over the wires connecting to the board so it looks like they are secure from vibration. Not sure if this is maybe a new thing or now. Serial start P645.

cheers

i think the hot glue on the leads is very new.

rmhome said:
Hi All

I'm a new owner of a P2V+ and I thought I would check the ESC's before I begin any flying. I'm glad to say I have the v2.1 sticker on the boards and the yellow dot on the caps which was mentioned elsewhere. One thing I should add though, I have white glue type substance (hot glue?) over the wires connecting to the board so it looks like they are secure from vibration. Not sure if this is maybe a new thing or now. Serial start P645.

cheers

WTH?!

robinb said:
i think the hot glue on the leads is very new.

Is your wifi module full of holes ?

From where?

Thats good,

I purchased a v3 earlier in month and it did not have the hot glue on the motor wires.

maybe i should put some on, but not sure if onto the FETS is a good idea or not.

robinb said:
Thats good,

I purchased a v3 earlier in month and it did not have the hot glue on the motor wires.

maybe i should put some on, but not sure if onto the FETS is a good idea or not.

I thought the same but if that's how I received it then I'll leave as-is... I did notice glue over a number of connectors on the main board too - I guess "they" are watching us and improving on the design, so to speak! :lol:

rmhome said:
Hi All

cheers

Thank You so much for posting this. Now they are trapping the heat in the mosfets.... :lol:

Would you look at that, DJI has acknowledged the wires are breaking from vibration. :lol:

You know how many people said I was trying to scam others by addressing this issue beforehand.... I feel vindicated, they must have had a ton of returns because of this. In order for them to make a change in production and acknowledge the problem they must have been losing 10+ a day.

Jeremy James

this is hilarious!!!!

hey Jeremy, what matters is that we were and still are here for people and to help them out.
i had ton of customers that had their wires upgraded to 18 from 20 in V3 versions and i am glad i did them all
because the scary stuff i've seen inside them birds was just that .. SCARY!
and now to see that DJI comes back with half and half solution ??? PFFFF

why doesn't DJI just ASK you or me what to do ?? it would save them tons of money and time... oh well ... back to fixing them!

burlbark said:
rmhome said:
Hi All

cheers

Thank You so much for posting this. Now they are trapping the heat in the mosfets.... :lol:

Would you look at that, DJI has acknowledged the wires are breaking from vibration. :lol:

You know how many people said I was trying to scam others by addressing this issue beforehand.... I feel vindicated, they must have had a ton of returns because of this. In order for them to make a change in production and acknowledge the problem they must have been losing 10+ a day.

Jeremy James

I'm sure as hell glad I got scammed! :lol: :lol:
Jeremy, all I got to do now I is just keep it out of the trees ! :mrgreen:

I seriously doubt that is hot glue.
Using glue that melts, on something that is prone to getting hot wouldn't be advisable.

From the looks of it, it is probably an RTV Silicone, which has a very high heat tolerance.
If it has a very "rubbery" feel, I'm sure that's what it is.

I others are thinking of doing this, use an electronics-grade RTV. Do NOT use common automotive or general use RTV.
These "bathtub caulk" RTV Silicones have acetic acid in them as a curing accelerant, which is corrosive to electronics.
If it smell like vinegar, do NOT use it.

I highly recommend the G.E. Silicones. Whatever you buy, make sure it doesn't contain acetic acid.

Read a bit on this here: http://www.logwell.com/tech/servtips/RTV.html

rmhome said:
Hi All

cheers

JDNC said:
burlbark said:

Jeremy James

I'm sure as hell glad I got scammed! :lol: :lol:
Jeremy, all I got to do now I is just keep it out of the trees ! :mrgreen:

I am glad it flying for you like it should.... Just no more trees :D

CapnBob said:
I seriously doubt that is hot glue.
Using glue that melts, on something that is prone to getting hot wouldn't be advisable.

From the looks of it, it is probably an RTV Silicone, which has a very high heat tolerance.
If it has a very "rubbery" feel, I'm sure that's what it is.

I others are thinking of doing this, use an electronics-grade RTV. Do NOT use common automotive or general use RTV.
These "bathtub caulk" RTV Silicones have acetic acid in them as a curing accelerant, which is corrosive to electronics.
If it smell like vinegar, do NOT use it.

I highly recommend the G.E. Silicones. Whatever you buy, make sure it doesn't contain acetic acid.

Read a bit on this here: http://www.logwell.com/tech/servtips/RTV.html

cheers

Good point and info CapnBob.... :!:

My phantom crashed into a lake, I'm 90% positive it was ESC overheating from flying the phantom hard, causing a motor to esc wire to fail at ESC solder point.
I put a claim with DJI for a replacement under warranty, I based the claim on ESC failure. They just emailed me with an offer 30% off a new one. So it seems that they are admiting that there are issues with the new version Phantom. Will update.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35104&start=40

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka