If you just purchased a brand new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 READ!

Re: If you just purchased a brand new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 R

lmlm01 said:
I don't think we that just bought p2 vison v3s should touch them that would surly void the warranty Dji should address this issue if there is one

I was a little confused on this issue but it appears opening the shell does not void the warranty from what I have gathered. I could be wrong however I just sent an email to DJI and will wait to hear what they have to say.

rdc4444 said:
lmlm01 said:
I don't think we that just bought p2 vison v3s should touch them that would surly void the warranty Dji should address this issue if there is one

I was a little confused on this issue but it appears opening the shell does not void the warranty from what I have gathered. I could be wrong however I just sent an email to DJI and will wait to hear what they have to say.

A DJI rep on the DJI forum stated that opening the shell does not void your warranty. No one who sent their phantom back because of the ESCs being the wrong version has had a warranty claim denied because they opened the shell.

I have a v2 P2 non-vision, so I know it doesn't relate directly, but I did have my unit at DJI for repairs and all was covered and my shell had been clearly opened with accessories installed. No issue there. I did ask about the ESCs as they are unmarked, but they did not mention any work to them in the repair techs email. Waiting for a tracking number now.

Oh, and I paid to ship it to Cali but they are paying to ship it back.

Yep, instead of RC Model quadcopter it was a drone! I doubt anyone flew it into the whitehouse grounds on purpose but they still should have known better.
Some tourist grabbing some cool pictures most likely, but it will hurt us all the same.

phalcon51 said:
Great, now this - Drone Crashes at White House

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2015/0 ... MbBNf7F-So

phalcon51 said:
Great, now this - Drone Crashes at White House

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2015/0 ... MbBNf7F-So

Why would someone register on the site for the 1st time and make such a post? Someone who wants drama? :roll:

Btw, DJI advises you to remove any 3rd party stuff from your quad before shipping it in for repairs. They state they are not responsible for any damage to such stuff. You are obviously going to open your quad and remove your stuff. There is no need to be concerned about if you opened the top cover in such a situation.

....drama. :roll:

So Really No Definitive Answer.......

I decided to open my P2 V2 today since I was off and it is blowing like hell here, cold too! Gotta be in the 50's! :)

I purchased it directly from DJI, shipped 12/29.

It has the 2312 motors, thin wires, no version number on the ESC's, no "4 beeps" on start up.

After reading through all this crap, and the other threads, not sure if I have an issue or not. I have emailed DJI but, well, they're on their own schedule.

It all looked very technical when I looked inside so I'm sure it's OK. :cool:

It's got the blue sharpie mark on the capacitor so I got that goin for me. :)

Attachments

• ESC.jpg
    ESC.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 372

For The 1000th time THE BLUE SHARPIE MARK MEANS NOTHING

IT means zilch Confirmed today with DJI. Its jus a way to check polarity. Does not or does mean you have 2.1

Prylar Bek said:
For The 1000th time THE BLUE SHARPIE MARK MEANS NOTHING

Clearly, I should have put that in italics as well. It was sarcasm. ;)

Couldn't take it anymore...No Blue markings, no 2.1's markings, thin wires, not touching anything, tight GPS plug, no ID on motors..still confused...wrote the serial numbers down for DJI's phone call tomorrow...the saga continues

hunch said:
If you have a Phantom 2 V3 you better consider doing this before flying at all !!
Another DJI's design flaw when they decided to put much thinner motor wire on.
Have those wires swapped because THEY WILL burn out your ESC and your new bird will fall out of the sky like a rock.
Burlbark and I are doing the swaps on a daily base. better check yours.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=view ... D1&lang=en
Gee...seems like a little instruction might be in order, or should we send them to you?

flyNfrank,

Not looking for drama - the pilot of that "drone" provided that already for all of us. To answer your question, I had just registered on the site and was waiting for the activation email so I decided to check the latest Google news and saw that story. I just received my P2V+ v3 a few days ago and I've been slogging my way through this 53 page thread trying to decide if I just bought a big problem. I decided I was going to remove the top cover and add my data to the matrix and that's when I joined the forum and ended up making that first post. In retrospect I suppose I should have started a new thread for it but, oh well, what's done is done.

I do think, however that it could tie into this thread in that it could just have easily been a headline that a DJI "drone" blew out an ESC while flying in a park and landed on a bunch of kids, injuring them. For the same reason in both of these scenarios DJI should be uber-sensitive to any possibility that one of their products could fall out of the sky and land on someone causing injuries or land on the WH lawn causing a major security incident or any of a number of different possibilities. In either case, DJI loses and by extension, so do we all. In the case of the WH incident we don't know yet whether or not it was just the fault of a flyer making a stupid decision to fly at 3 am near a restricted area or whether there may have been a fault with the craft. If the former then obviously DJI couldn't do anything about that, but if the latter, then they should look real hard at their own QC and that of their suppliers and when problems do turn up they should address them with their customers asap and make every attempt to correct the problem in an honest and open manner, unlike what is currently happening.

Gary

Welcome to the site Gary. I personally don't plan to waste any time or effort talking about the phantom crashing at the white house.

If you feel like you might have some trouble with your quad feel free to post a thread and we'll work on getting you the help you need.

flyNfrank said:
nickso, you are correct. DJI is now installing a different ESC's which match the firmware with the motors. To my knowledge nobody with the new combo has reported any kind of failure anywhere with their V3. I'm sure several of us will put them on blast should they continue to fail in some way, but as I say so far all is good. They are suppose to be replacing my quad now. I received a email last evening that they now have my quad and it will be put in line with others for a tech to look at once they reach it's spot in line. It shouldn't take much more then a minute to see my quad needs replaced with no service needed.

Btw, a word of advice for anyone thinking of buying a V3 now. DJI has free shipping and this is absolutely the best route to go with buying a new V3. I say this because when you get a quad straight from DJI it will come with the most recent and newest style of parts. It will also have the most updated revisions and will be as if it came straight from the production line. Some of you that has looked inside if your V3 that has bought one in the last 45 or so days can compare some of the differences that has already been added into the newest V3's here in this link http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 2&page=592
Feeling a bit better about the P2V+ that I received from B&H yesterday.
- My ESC's are clearly marked 2.1 on a sticker on the ESC. There is another number on the sticker which I'm guessing is the serial # of the ESC (all 4 ESC's diff numbers)and also what appears to be a Datamatrix type of QR code.
- The other end of the ESC's are marked WM 301 BLDC V2
- My main board is marked: P330CB-H3-2D V2 (Not sure if this matters)
- I'm not sure what motors I have. The only markings I could see were etched into the Al bracket. I find it strange that all the markings were different, so this could be serial numbers. I'll read around and see if I can find where the motor part numbers are.

- I now going to check and update as many of the following as I can: (Hopefully most of it is done via the PC Assistant Software)
DJI FC200 Camera V1.3.0g
5.8GHz Remote Controller V1.0.2.30
5.8GHz Receiver V1.0.1.3
P2V+ Autopilot System V3.08
P2V+ Central Board V1.0.2.10
PC Assistant Software V3.6
3-axis Gimbal V1.0.0.6

I rerouted the ESC/motor wires away from the FET's and away from each other the best I could. I thought about splitting some heat shrink tubing length wise and shrinking this over the wires, but I did not want to "insulate" the wires more and create more possible thermal issues.
One day after my warranty's have expired I'll go in and solder the correct stranded Gauge silicone wire in place.

Nick

update from DJI. This classic 'pass the buck' to the lowly retail guys!

M. R. (DJI Technology)
Jan 27, 17:26

Dear xxxxx

Thank you for contacting DJI North America.

We are sorry to hear about your experience and we would be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, we have no control over any sales of products outside of what is purchased directly from our website. While we do agree that you should be provided with what you paid for, we would have no way of assisting in this matter, as the sale was not made through DJI.

Regarding your RMA, please note that our technicians make repairs based on damages. We do not issue RMA's for upgrades. If there were damaged ESC's, our technicians would replace them with the working parts, not an upgraded version of the part. We do not consider older versions of our components to be "damaged" just because there is an upgrade available, but rather view them as two completely separate components.

At this time, we recommend contacting the vendor that you purchased the unit from, directly, as they should provide you with what you paid for, if they did indeed advertise the model that they sold you as V3.0.

For future reference, please note that all orders placed on our official website will always be the most up-to-date versions of the models listed, but we would not be able to verify the same for any other vendor.

Finally, we can not provide you with a prepaid label to send your unit back to the dealer. We are only able to offer labels for units being shipped to our repair facility. In the future, if you require technical assistance or any repairs, we would be happy to take care of things for you.

You may contact us Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm PST at 818-235-0789.

UPDATE...news at 11...They are sending me a RMA and return label to REPLACE my unmarked ESC's with...2.1 ESC's finally DJI comes correct...THANKS!

Well I sent in an inquiry to DJI requesting if I needed an RMA for unmarked ESC's and its been over a week and still no response. I'm going to call them later today as I have an RMA to send in a defective battery however after reading all the nightmare stories of DJI customer service I'll probably not send it in and just keep flying and hope for the best. Plus they would probably update my phantom with the latest firmware effectively grounding my bird since Im within the 15.5 mile DC no fly zone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello