I'd like to share a flight w data

Reaction score
I would like opinions as to why I lost video and then the red rc notice that I lost rc connectivity on a flight that went about 3900ft out with great los...maybe you all see something I don't. Also did this using the extra channels hack...I chose channel 30.

Let me know how I can share the dji GO flight recorder info. Thx just looking for everyone's knowledge here. Not gonna lie, I was worried...and upset...thought I'd be getting way more distance with this bird...and I thought I'd lose video way before rc control...they were almost simultaneous.

I hate to bump...but I am really curious about what might be causing my short short flight distance...and both rc and video crapping out so close to each other....apologies for bump.

What are your surroundings? What range are you seeing on Auto? What range are you seeing on a different channel? Are your antenna oriented properly?

Antennas were at 12 oclock high, both. see video. I lost rc and video at around 2:42, just as I had turned the bird around to head back to me...I will try another channel tonight with same route. I will test on auto channels this evening too.

again, thanks to anyone who can share insight. i am literally learning every time i read a post here...there is so much info to take in...thanks!!

I'll follow this post for info, too, but I just wanted to say that that flight route is going to look magnificent in the fall foliage season.

Reactions: Tricky
Its hard to tell where you took off from, but based on where you landed, you had a pretty good good sized tree between you and the bird. Especially once you got half way out. And just for the sake of saying it... you cant have LOS beyond sight. I wouldnt say think that the tree or two would have killed video that close though. I dont fly much close to home because I live in a pretty heavily forested area myself. Always afraid of loosing connection. Even though she is still getting a great connection with the controller.

Reactions: Tricky
You actually can have LOS beyond sight, if by "sight" you mean the literal ability to see the craft at a long distance. I don't have to "See" an object in order for it to be in my LOS, but it has to be in my LOS in order for me to see it. A person with better eyesight than mine doesn't gain extra flight distance in terms of the capability of the aircraft. LOS has various definitions in different realms, and refers to unobstructed path between receiver and transmitter.

You actually can have LOS beyond sight, if by "sight" you mean the literal ability to see the craft at a long distance. I don't have to "See" an object in order for it to be in my LOS, but it has to be in my LOS in order for me to see it. A person with better eyesight than mine doesn't gain extra flight distance in terms of the capability of the aircraft. LOS has various definitions in different realms, and refers to unobstructed path between receiver and transmitter.
I might can agree there a little. But in this case... there was a tree blocking sight, and radio transmission.

Which means he didn't have true LOS, although trees are less of a problem than buildings and other more solid structures. I don't like flying beyond a row of trees, but here where I live it's difficult to find large open spaces without lots of trees.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl