First Long Range Flight

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm relatively new here but have lurked for months. I've had my phantom 3 for about a month and finally decided to try a distance flight. I took it up to 350ft AGL and flew out to 5440ft where upon I lost video/telemetry/control for (at the time) some unknown reason. Signal went from 100% to 0% instantly. After reviewing the video I discovered that at the point of LOS, I was about 150ft directly above a cell tower that cannot be seen from the highway which effectively jammed my signal. Video playback shows the bird remaining on station in a hover above the tower before fail safe took over.

I realize now that my P3A stock could have kept on rolling. RTH initiated as expected and I received telemetry within seconds of moving away from the tower. I allowed RTH to complete the return just so I know I can trust it. Awesome flight and RTH took it to within 1 foot of takeoff. I know this is way short compared to many of you, but a mile for RC still simply amazes me and is far more than I will ever need. Thanks to you all I'm now hooked. Luckily I have family with lots of open land with no people or NFZs (other than the random odd helicopter from the other day) in sight to worry about. Glad there is a good forum here with a wealth of knowledge I can dig through for my new hobby!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

just awesome good going

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj