Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

I need help uploading from the scandisk

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by tumaloman, Jan 11, 2014.

1. tumaloman

Let me start by saying that I am not very tech savy so any replies need to be pretty basic. I have had my Vision for three days now and have had a pretty difficult time getting things lined out. I believe that I have solved most of my problems except with the SD card. I have used both the card that came with the Vision as well as a 32GB I purchased. I formatted both cards in the camera and have taken both stills and movies. I have no problem downloading them on the Galaxy Tab 3 I use as my monitor but when I try to use the card in a PC I get nothing. I have tried both Windows XP and 7.....neither put anything on the screen to even try to open.
    I have been able to upload from the "album" in the DJI app through DropBox, but this has size limitation and I have to do it on a wireless network because my Tab 3 is wireless only. I really want to be able to use the card.
    If it means anything, I have yet to upgrade the Vision. Because the unit is only a few days old I was hoping that it already has the latest versions. Anybody have any ideas. Thanks Mark

2. amrflyingdude

Hello there!

Are you using a micro SD adapter to go in to USB port or you are inserting the card in to a slot available in your computer?

3. LeoS

If you open 'My Computer', doesn't it show a new drive?

If it does, click on it and go into DCIM folder to find your photo\video files.

4. tumaloman

Yes I am using the adaptor. When I insert the disk in the XP and go to My Computer and click on the location of the disk all I get is the "hour glass" and everything freezes up. In 7 (my wifes computer that I don't use much) I normally get a screen that asks how I want to open the file once I put an sd card in.....with this on I get nothing. The last time I tried something popped up and something about not supporting 1080X???? and the whole screen went blank

5. LeoS

Have you tried accessing that sd card through your phantom?

Plug it in the Vision's camera, activate your phantom (transmitter, repeater, phantom and your tablet/smartphone), open your app as you have before... Then click on the icon to view taken pictures (Album?). Does it show the pictures/videos there?

I worry there's something wrong with the sd card.

6. amrflyingdude

There are a couple of things you can try:

1 - Format the card using windows 7:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Format-an-SD-Card

2 - Go to the Vision app and make sure you are saving stills in JPEG format not RAW.

Seems like your PC is not recognizing the files.

Hope this helps.

7. tumaloman

Thank you for all the help. I was in town today and thought I would buy a real reader instead of the cheap adaptor that came with the disk. I plugged that in and everything works great. Thank you again Mark