I love my girlfriend!

Reaction score
My girlfriend responded to the following post in "My Neighborhood." Priceless! <3

"To the peeping Tom flying the drone near Crestmore Way/Highlands Ranch Parkway. We have reported your address with pictures of your drone."

You'll be happy to know that the majority (virtually all) of the responses defended the drone operator. A couple of the responses were: (her note)

"How do you know they're not using their drone in a positive way maybe looking for a lost dog or a Lost Child... just saying"

"Now I'm curious. What is it about said drone flying that leads you to believe he/she is committing a sex crime? I'm neither a peeping tom nor drone owner, I'm just baffled as to why one would assume the presence, and subsequent purpose, of a flying drone is to commit felonious sex crimes."

And my comment....(her comment)

“There are many legitimate reasons for drone flying and you can't assume that this is a "peeping tom", although I'm sure there are those out there, as well. My boyfriend uses his drones for professional real estate photos and does roof inspections, as well. He is also a pilot, so he takes his flying seriously. If there are people or companies in the area he's doing a shoot, he always goes up and introduces himself, gives them a business card, and asks them if they're uncomfortable with him flying the drone. By being a good steward for his craft, he educates the public about this relatively new technology. He also tries to educate new drone owners as to their responsibilities when flying. There are always those who will push the law and give things a bad name, but there are more who are using these UAV's to get amazing aerial photos and to assist in various circumstances, such as natural disasters (Houston was recently offering drone operators up to $500/day to use their equipment to find missing people and assess damage). So...bottom line is that, unless you see a drone in your backyard, you shouldn't assume that it's being used for malicious purposes.”

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart