I lose video feed after 20 feet

Reaction score
When my phantom 2 flys more than 20 feet from me it loses video signal from the GoPro 3 to my iPad. How do I fix this?

When my phantom 2 flys more than 20 feet from me it loses video signal from the GoPro 3 to my iPad. How do I fix this?

The Phantom 2 non vision was not design to work with wifi as both the P2 and wifi use the same frequency which is 2.4GHz. Phantom 2 vision + works on a frequency of 5.8GHz but was not designed for the GoPro camera nor the zenmuse gimbal although it can be converted to do so and use the GoPro's wifi.

Reactions: olof
Theres no fix. You'll increase the chance of a flyaway if you continue to enable the wifi on the gopro.
GoPro wifi is crap - realistic range is 20ft. It was designed to frame shots and adjust settings and never intended for FPV on a multirotor.

It was designed to frame shots and adjust settings and never intended for FPV on a multirotor.

Very correct. :)

I use the GoPro WiFi when I get to a location, only to set up the video mode I want, then I promptly turn the WiFi off, and throw my cell phone in my car.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94