I just jumped on the $569.00 P3P deal from Newegg.

I got mine yesterday, same deal from Newegg. Perfect right out of the box, everything in place and included.

Anyone buying the DJI Care for their refurb? $271 is steep for a $560 purchase, and being fairly new to flying, I fly cautiously, nothing fancy or fast. I want to keep this thing as long as I can ;-) Or until my wife lets me buy a better one.

Yeah.... that'd be like paying $1000 insurance on a car you paid $2000 for. Oh wait.... I already do that. My state forces me too. LOL

Reactions: Wolphman007
Now if only one can get a P3P gimbal for half that or less. Then I can upgrade my A to a P and have the A as a backup. It's usually the gimbal that is most often damaged in a crash after all.

Buy for $569. Keep Gimbal. Part the rest out on Ebay. Isn't the transmitter alone worth $200?

Do the black props
Ohhh... Also. I checked today. There is no R in my serial number. That's under F/C serial, right?
I think FC serial number is different than the serial number of the aircraft. The FC s/n starts with a 0 i believe. You should be able to find the aircraft s/n somewhere in the Go app or it is printed on the barcodes attached to the box.

Do the black props

I think FC serial number is different than the serial number of the aircraft. The FC s/n starts with a 0 i believe. You should be able to find the aircraft s/n somewhere in the Go app or it is printed on the barcodes attached to the box.

After further digging, the box does say refurb. The box is weird though. The box says I have a 300C remote. It definitely says 300B on it.

After further digging, the box does say refurb. The box is weird though. The box says I have a 300C remote. It definitely says 300B on it.
What is the difference between the B and the C remotes. I can check mine too. I got mine today.

What is the difference between the B and the C remotes. I can check mine too. I got mine today.
The 300A and 300B RCs both have the same power output for the control signal. The 300C version of the RC has slightly reduced power. If you don't do any very long range flights, you probably wouldn't notice a difference with any of the versions in that regard.

The A has the DaVinci processor and USB 2.0. B and C don't have the internal video processor, but have USB 3.0.

Old Motors vs. New Ones

RF power measurements

Reactions: JoBe and svoneil
Some referbs aren't referbs at lest mine wasn't . I believe they just put a sticker on a new unopened box to sell it for less

ome
Ahaha, right. Because they are not in a business to make money. If they want to sell it for less than retail, all they have to do is...sell it for less than retail. There is no benefit for them to lie to a customer and say it is a refurb. If yours was sold as a refurb then 100% it was a refurb.

I say.... who cares? If I put 2 on a table right in front of someone and asked which one was the refurb and which one was new, nobody could tell. Besides that.... they all turn into "used" the second they leave the ground for the very first time. LOL

Reactions: svoneil
Matt, I think you should get a commission from DJI for all the P3's you just sold for them!! I'm thinking about getting one too..I'll have extra batteries from my P3s...
Is it easy to tell the range is better than the standard?

Matt, I think you should get a commission from DJI for all the P3's you just sold for them!! I'm thinking about getting one too..I'll have extra batteries from my P3s...
Is it easy to tell the range is better than the standard?

Put it this way. I tried (in order) ARGtek, DBS ITELITE, Alfa mod, back to DBS, then Afla mod with 14dbi center panel. AND different birdseye mods between all that. I was just about to purchase amps.... and this just made more sense. I'm seeing about the same range with the Pro right out of the box as I did with the Standard all modded up. I can just Imagine the Pro with an antenna mod.

For you guys who got the refurbs, what version was the FW? Mine is 1.5.30+, and it looks like it is fairly old, but the app is not even flagging me to update it.

Aside from that, I am in GEO hell. I live right inside the DC FRZ, so I know my house is off limits, but I can usually make a short drive to get out of the FRZ, but this thing is not taking off anywhere (saying I am in a NFZ). The exact same thing happened when I updated my P3S to the latest firmware (1.8) and DJI had me downgrade, which corrected the problem.

ANy ideas?

I just flew my standard on a mile and a half mission around my neighborhood. I lost contact in the first 1000 feet....So I just had to order the pro from newegg..I told them you talked me into it!

Reactions: Matts175

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka